New guy Checking in

Retiredsailor

Equipment
LX4020
Dec 30, 2023
Northwest Arkansas
I've owned Kubota products for 20+ years and saw this site. I've been retired from the Navy for 28+ years now. Right now I am in the process of downsizing pretty much everything due to health problems. So, I traded in my L5030 and BX2680 and bought an LX4020 with cab and most options. The cab due to health was mandatory. I wanted a machine that would be easy for the wife to use once I am gone and this fit the bill as far as compromise is concerned. I've got my property set up and the heavy work is now finished, so maintenance and mowing will be the primary use for the new machine. Time will tell.

Reactions: 7 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Welcome to the site. I’ll be interested in what you think of that 4020. Post some pics when you have a chance and thanks for your service.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Welcome aboard!
We love pics....

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Welcome aboard! I hope that you find this site useful. As someone else stated, we like pictures so please include some in your posts if asking for help with anything.

Retiredsailor

Equipment
LX4020
Dec 30, 2023
Northwest Arkansas
Thanks for the responses. I'll add photos soon. I just took delivery Friday evening. This is the first tractor I've owned with a cab. Saturday morning the temperature was in the low 20s and I took the tractor out for the first time. The cab is nice and tight with a heater that produces a lot of heat quickly. The cab is surrounded with huge amounts of glass. The mirrors provide an excellent rear view which is a godsend with my cervical spinal fusions. The HST has Low/Medium/High range that feels a bit anemic in these Ozark hills anywhere other than on level ground in High Range. Ergonomics are well thought out compared to my previous tractors. This tractor is a compromise and for sheer work it's a huge reduction from my old L5030, but a big step up from the BX2680. This tractor only has 2.5 hours of which I have only put .9 hours of that on it.
Today I'll put a set of hooks on the loader and quick attach on the 3-point.
I'll post more later.

Reactions: 2 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
With HST, high range is used going down the road on flat ground. Use Low or Med when doing chores. Understand the HST transmission is not like one might think. Mashing the throttle does not get you more power. If that is confusing you might study how it works so you can get the best usage out of it.

Last edited:

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
Welcome! Thank you for your service. What did you do for the Navy? I work with a couple of Navy vets myself.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Congratulations on your new tractor. Thank You for your service to this country and sorry to hear that health issues are catching up to you. Hydrostats take a little time to get used to if you have never driven one. Remember that your throttle control or power, is the lever on the dash. The foot pedal is ONLY speed and direction control. Pushing more gives more speed but can decrease power if trying to go too fast for the terrain. Good luck with your tractor and enjoy it.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Thanks for the responses. I'll add photos soon. I just took delivery Friday evening. This is the first tractor I've owned with a cab. Saturday morning the temperature was in the low 20s and I took the tractor out for the first time. The cab is nice and tight with a heater that produces a lot of heat quickly. The cab is surrounded with huge amounts of glass. The mirrors provide an excellent rear view which is a godsend with my cervical spinal fusions. The HST has Low/Medium/High range that feels a bit anemic in these Ozark hills anywhere other than on level ground in High Range. Ergonomics are well thought out compared to my previous tractors. This tractor is a compromise and for sheer work it's a huge reduction from my old L5030, but a big step up from the BX2680. This tractor only has 2.5 hours of which I have only put .9 hours of that on it.
Today I'll put a set of hooks on the loader and quick attach on the 3-point.
I'll post more later.
When running a HST, if it slows down on a incline let of the petal a bit. It will almost feel like a downshift on geared machine. Try it, it works.

Last edited:

Alfred_2345

Equipment
L3901, LA525, BH77, SGC1060, RZ60, Box Blade, Z726XKW ZTM, RTV-X900
Jan 5, 2023
Northwest Arkansas
How much experience do you have with tractors? You said you had a L5030 and BX2680. Reason I ask, is it will help the forum members respond more appropriately. A lot "new" members that have just bought a new tractor don't have a lot of experience (like me).

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Welcome sir.

I'm sorry to hear that the Marines wouldn't let you in, but thanks for your service anyway....;)

Semper Fi

And remember....Pics, or it did't happen!!!!