New BX80 Series

trapperdrew

Equipment
2017 BX23S TLB
Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Second dealers offer was $5,600 higher at $12,600. Should be receiving quote from 3rd dealer on Monday. He also told me I'd be further ahead to try to sell on craigslist or locally. Which makes sense but don't want the hassle and have no idea how long that would take. I'm sure the 0% interest financing would also make it very difficult.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
That's more like it.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Out with the BX2670

In with the BX23S

Dealer installed cab from Kubota when it comes in.

7milesup

Equipment
BX2380 FEL, 54" MMM, 48" King Kutter, Fabricated land plane (it is awesome!).
Apr 3, 2017
Northwest, WI
Hello all. New guy here.

Looking at buying my first Kubota and first "real" tractor. Currently own a JD 425 but need (ok, really it's a want) loader. I'm 51, back is shot and tired of doing stuff by hand. I have a 1.5 acre property, so not really enough to justify this purchase, but I only live once. Grew up on a large farm and am very familiar with equipment.

I had my mind pretty much made up that I was going to get a BX2370. Called a different dealer today, which is another hours drive further, and I can get a new BX2380 for the same price as the other dealer wanted for the BX2370.

I have a couple of questions though....
The above post mentions a plastic hst fan. Is that good or bad? What is that about.
I noticed that the 80 series have the LA340 loader (at least from the picture above) compared to the LA243 on the 70 series. I was told to take the number and times it by 2.2 to get roughly the lifting capacity. Is this true, or does the LA340 have the same lifting capacity as the 243 loader?
One thing that I really like the looks of is the placement of the loader control lever on the new 80 series. Although I have not sat on one yet, the loader control looks a lot more ergonomic than the 70 series IMHO.
I really like the idea of an easy on - easy off loader. I envision my loader coming on and off a lot because I don't plan on mowing with it on.

Also, as far as pricing, the new 80 series was quoted at $800 more than the 70 series that it is replacing, at least for the BX2370 - BX2380.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
The new model numbers now coincide with HP ratings, and Kubota has jumped on the bandwagon of rating loaders at the pivot pins. Hence the higher loader number. Old numbers were measured at bucket lip typically.

7milesup

Equipment
Apr 3, 2017
Northwest, WI
Ahhh. So the loaders are, for the most part, exactly the same as far as lifting capacity. Interesting.

I am really starting to lean towards the 80 series. Arrrggghhh....

One other thing. The second dealer said that the rear tires come filled, but if I don't want that, I could save nearly $200. I was very surprised when he said the tires were filled, especially on such a small machine/tire. Doesn't seem like filling those tire would amount to more than 50lbs, at most, for each tire. I would rather save the money and fabricate my own ballast box. Maybe tig one up from diamond plate...LOL

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
I just upgraded from the 2670 to the23S. You're not going to notice much difference between the two series other than conveniences. Some nice changes on the 80 series. Either one will suit your needs. Taking the loader off and placing back is cleaner with the face seal manifold. The hst fan is the same on both. Both of them are nice machines.

7milesup

Equipment
Apr 3, 2017
Northwest, WI
Another question...

I originally wanted the "Fine Cut" deck because the quality of cut is important to me. I was told today that the 54" regular and the "Fine Cut" are essentially the same except for extra baffles in the "Fine Cut". Is that true? I am not interested in a mulch type of mower, which appears that the fine cut might be?

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
Out with the BX2670

In with the BX23S

Dealer installed cab from Kubota when it comes in.

DANG YOU!! that is a sweet tractor. :)

I do hate that flimsy front grill though. I bump my grill all the time on my trailer and other things so for me that is a concern for upgrading. I also have a 3rd function valve on my BX and was told my Landpride grapple will not work on that machine. Have you heard differently? For sure they must be selling these new ones at MSRP? ( I spent $17,5 on bx25 new)
-Just trying to decide if its worth the uprade costs?

trapperdrew

Equipment
2017 BX23S TLB
Dec 16, 2015
Canada
DANG YOU!! that is a sweet tractor. :)

I do hate that flimsy front grill though. I bump my grill all the time on my trailer and other things so for me that is a concern for upgrading. I also have a 3rd function valve on my BX and was told my Landpride grapple will not work on that machine. Have you heard differently? For sure they must be selling these new ones at MSRP? ( I spent $17,5 on bx25 new)
-Just trying to decide if its worth the uprade costs?
I have one of the 23s machines. And IMO to go from a 25d to a 23s is probably not worth it unless you like the new changes which are mostly cosmetic. I was going to trade my 2370 in for a 25d but my dealer had one of the 23s arriving and I got it for almost the same price. So I took the 23s.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

jmf78

Equipment
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
I have one of the 23s machines. And IMO to go from a 25d to a 23s is probably not worth it unless you like the new changes which are mostly cosmetic. I was going to trade my 2370 in for a 25d but my dealer had one of the 23s arriving and I got it for almost the same price. So I took the 23s.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Agreed. Probably not worth it to go from the BX25 to the BX23S unless you're doing it because of the changes. I did it because I was going to be changing to the 25D anyway for the backhoe. Went with the 23S because it was possible to get a cab included with the financing.

7milesup

Equipment
Apr 3, 2017
Northwest, WI
I just pulled the trigger on a new BX2380 with loader and 54" deck. Other than the BX2370 that I drove last Friday, I haven't even seen the 2380. The sales guy told me that they don't even have it out of the crate yet. Bought it for$50 less than what I was going to get the 2370 for. Had two dealers working for my business, but I really wanted to but it from the guy that I actually did because 1.) He is a lot closer to me and 2.) My brother and nephew have done a lot of business with him and they have always treated us right. 3.) He is giving me an extra $1000 on trade for my John Deere. :)
Can't wait.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Ahhh. So the loaders are, for the most part, exactly the same as far as lifting capacity. Interesting.

I am really starting to lean towards the 80 series. Arrrggghhh....

One other thing. The second dealer said that the rear tires come filled, but if I don't want that, I could save nearly $200. I was very surprised when he said the tires were filled, especially on such a small machine/tire. Doesn't seem like filling those tire would amount to more than 50lbs, at most, for each tire. I would rather save the money and fabricate my own ballast box. Maybe tig one up from diamond plate...LOL
If you use Rimguard, youll get 88 lbs per tire. Better than nothing. Every dealer in my area loads the rears for free with new purchase. Most stick in a block heater as well. Free.

brimar

Equipment
bx 1870 48" mmm fel
Oct 5, 2014
lancaster PA
7miles up you don't want a loader you need a loader. You will realize that when you have one. I also have 1 1/2 acres and my 1870 is justified.LOL

7milesup

Equipment
Apr 3, 2017
Northwest, WI
7miles up you don't want a loader you need a loader. You will realize that when you have one. I also have 1 1/2 acres and my 1870 is justified.LOL
LOL. I think you may be correct!! Looking forward to taking delivery of mine. :)

Firedogg

Equipment
BX23
Mar 30, 2017
Washington
I am new to the forum and today my BX23S showed up in the driveway. Big step up from my shovel and rake. Lots of toys to play in the mud with all the time I have now that I am retired.

[/IMG]