New BX2670

smittydog

Equipment
BX 2670
May 22, 2013
WV-KY
WooHoo!!! getting a little 'bota. Got tired of trying to mow 5 acres with little garden tractor from Sears. Only two years old and broke already. Will keep it to let the GF mow around the house and flower garden.

Picking up a BX2670 with 60" mid mower deck and Landpride 4' brush hog on Saturday.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OUTSTANDING,, and welcome,, oh and pictures ,,we like lots a pictures

Bonk

Equipment
L4600, BX2370
Apr 21, 2013
Kentucky
Congrats. I just bought a BX2370 and I'm amazed at what a great piece of equipment it is. You're going to love it.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations on your new tractor, you will love the little BX, it is a real workhorse in a small package.

smittydog

Equipment
BX 2670
May 22, 2013
WV-KY
So, first rule of thumb with new equipment...learn it's and your limitations.

I mowed some of our field (flat) and our barn on Saturday. This thing cuts tall weeds, small trees effortlessly. I also found some of my dad's hidden scrap piles. Oh well, only a few nicks on the blades of the rotary cutter. On Sunday, I mowed with the MMM. I cut hills and flats. Also, almost rolled it. Hidden tree stump left by state road...long story, I wore seat belt and it helped. I had to use my Polaris Ranger to pull back up the hill so I could straighten out to finish my down hill decent. 4wd will get me into trouble if I am not careful. Anyway, had a great weekend bonding with my new little Kubota. Today, I ordered a FEL and a post hole digger.

Did I say this thing sips diesel?

I used three logging chains for counter weight when using the rotary on hills and flat ground. Are the front weights worth it? I will not be mowing with the FEL on the front and I will need some weight up there. Will be loading the tires next weekend.

Thanks,
Steve

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
In stock form, the BX is very stable, but we added weight to the rear tires on our, weights on one and fluid in the other and got wheel spacers for the rear from Bro Tek.

You will need more weight on the front than just a few log chains when using the rotary cutter on steep hills. I don't use a cutter on ours much anymore, just find the bigger tractors better for it, so I didn't get weights, if I did, I would.

buffalotrace

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Ballast in the rear tires also helps.

Just curious, what average RPM are you guys running when you are using the 2670 for mowing?

Do you ever mow at over 3000 RPM?

Last edited:

smittydog

Equipment
BX 2670
May 22, 2013
WV-KY
I was varying the RPM's from 2400 to 3000. Cut everything...with rotary mower and MMM.

I was just changing RPM's due to break in period. Dealer said it wouldn't matter, just mow with it.

Bonk

Equipment
L4600, BX2370
Apr 21, 2013
Kentucky
My dealer told me to just run it WFO all the time. It's designed to do that. I ran mine for 6+ hours the other day WFO using the MMM. It barely got above 1/3 on the temp gauge and only used just under a tank of fuel.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I've been keeping it under 3000 RPM.
As you should. I am sure if you read your owners manual there is a break in period. When I first got mine I couldn't use my snowblower for the first season because because the the blower manual said to use at full power and my tractor manual said not to use at full power for a period of time.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Your going to do more damage by lugging the motor than running it faster,,just MHO

howie70

Equipment
BX2370
May 29, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, VA
I have a BX2370. The dealer told me to run it wide open. However, the manual says not to until 50 hours. I don't have the manual in front of me right now, but I think to get the proper pto rpm for the MMM mine states engine rpm of 2950. For the rear 540 rpm it states an engine rpm of 3100. I could be off a little on those but I know it is close.

smittydog

Equipment
BX 2670
May 22, 2013
WV-KY
Update

Sad day...I had to take the new tractor up to the dealer this morning. I dropped her off for installation of FEL/ valve, suitcase weights and Digger/Auger. They are going to load the tires as well.

As I was departing, I welled up knowing they were going to leave her outside in the weather all week.;)

Steve

Paulemar

Equipment
BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch, 60" front plow, 48" Phoenix rototiller.
Jan 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Re: Update

Don't be sad. It has probably already been out in the weather before you got it the first time. Look at it as if you will be getting another new tractor, this one with a FEL, front weights, loaded tires, and a PHD. The excitement never ends! Wait till you start looking to see what other 3 point stuff you "need." Have fun, but don't tell anyone else that it is fun. Remember, to everyone else, it's work, dirty, hot, disgusting work that you couldn't do without the proper tools. Yeah, they'll go for that.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
If I may,,,, never let anyone else play with your toys!!!!!!

smittydog

Equipment
BX 2670
May 22, 2013
WV-KY
Yeah, I don't usually let others play with my toys. Only exception is my GF. She will eventually use it after extensive training. (in about 10 years):D

Just ordered BXpanded bucket expander....woohoo!!!!

Called the dealer and my baby is ready for weekend pickup.