New beginning, 3 PT rear Blade

BonnySlope

Equipment
BX2380 FEL Add-A-Grapple, Titan 48" Box scraper, 60" Rake, 72" Rear Blade, Flail
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
Hi all, just wanted to share my new to me a Servis equipment rear grader blade, LS model with a 6' blade. While doing or trying to do a little research, after the fact of owning. It looks stout with 3/8 rolled mold board. Pobaly as seasoned as me. Shhh, I'm hoping for a little snow cover in the NW valley here and moving a little snow. I've already done most of the true grading, without starting all over again. Looking forward to new implement to work with when needed and called for.
I did see some pairing of Servis Rhino, since Rhino is still being marketed and became the more prominent business name!
Spray some Rust eater on incase I ever decide to add to the remaining color it still has, El natural is good, in steel. No beauty contest.
Old_home-Servis.jpg Servis LS Rear Scraper (1).jpg OldHome.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
As long as it works, who cares what it looks like. Hope you got a good deal on it.

Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
That's not rust! It's vintage "Patina"!! And it still works just as well as a new one most likely. :)

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
That blade is 'road ready - a proven performer' ! To me it looks far nicer than the pristine 'BNIB' ones on display in garages. My rear blade looked worse when I bought it 25 years ago and it was already 50 years young then. Only this year ,did I finally clean it up, derust and paint. I store all my implements on double high skids. Keeps the water off them and easier to hook up to.

Reactions: 1 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I buy (have bought) every tool that attaches, used. Old stuff, if it looks the part, even rusty, is far better quality than you can buy new. All the old stuff needs is some TLC.

BonnySlope

Equipment
BX2380 FEL Add-A-Grapple, Titan 48" Box scraper, 60" Rake, 72" Rear Blade, Flail
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
I do like what I got in it's patina state, the Rust Eater just helps the bare metal hold up better. Just need to do a couple things, press straight one of the diagonal supports and replace attaching hardware.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
I also bought a well used 6' rear blade... It was about 9/10 wore out, but with a little TLC and a very crude paint job refreshed to only about 7/8 wore out... It was incredibly cheap and more than useful for what I needed... Good luck..

Reactions: 1 user