New Aussie member with B6000

Gannon

Equipment
B6000
May 21, 2013
NSW Australia
Hi
My name is Gannon and Im from a little town in NSW Australia called Bowraville.

Ive just bought a B6000 with slasher and rotary hoe to keep my acre property clean.
Its in pretty good condition apart from the missing oil blow from the bottom of the air cleaner and grass has wrapped around the rear axles and damaged the oil seals. The exhaust has also been repaired numerous times.

First things on my list after I fix the air cleaner and axle seals is a full service and then I would like to install a water temp gauge, oil pressure light/buzzer and maybe even a tachometer.

I hope to learn a lot more about my new little tractor from this forum

Im also an avid Subaru enthusiast

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Gday there digger,,,, Sounds like you have a full plate there and if you got questions,,,99% of the time someone here will know the answer < Im a big dummy so about the only thing out of me will be some smart azz comment :rolleyes:,, Enjoy your time here and WELCOME,, Oh and before I forget,,, pictures man lots of pictures,, we love pictures

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Welcome aboard! I have a buddy who is looking at a B6000 as I write this.... small world! Like skeets says, pics, gotta have pics....

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Here's a pic of mine, with the..... wait for it..... gannon mounted on the back!

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Sorry, must be a US thing- Gannon is a name brand that has become almost synonymous with the box scraper, and mine is actually a Gannon brand. Here's a generic pic.

Attachments

5thhorseman

Equipment
B7000, Allied 95 FEL, Sovema Tiller, Blade, on 3 overgrown acres
Oct 21, 2010
Aldergrove, BC
Mmm, that looks like a DIY ROPS. If you're looking for projects, a canopy attached to the ROPS to keep the hot sun at bay would be a great idea ;)

Gannon

Equipment
B6000
May 21, 2013
NSW Australia
I have plenty of projects to tackle before I build a canopy, a hat will make do for now.

My list so far includes...
1. new front tyre
2. make a new air cleaner oil bowl or replace whole filter assembly
3. oil light stays on, from some through forum reading today it could be either a faulty pressure switch or the little plug has come out of the camshaft
4. install oil pressure, water temperature and tachometer gauges
5. replace/clean every filter and all fluids
6. replace axle seals
7. make new exhaust
8. make a throttle stop so I can return the throttle to idle without cutting off the engine
9. make canopy
10. knock the dent out of the bonnet and repaint the body

That oughta keep me busy