New Alternators (L, MX, M Series)

Cody93

Equipment
Bx2380, L2501, L6060
Mar 7, 2024
Wayland, Michigan
Hello, I have multiple brand new OEM alternators I am looking to get rid of. Most of them are from bigger cabbed tractors that required the higher output alternator kit. I have a couple of the smaller Denso style alternators but most of the bigger tractors used the 80A Mitsubishi alternators. Let me know if you need one or have any questions. $125 shipped. (Over $300 for new oem on ebay)
756245987_o.jpg 756245983_o.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Great idea..(to install an increased output alternator)…especially when the owner has added LED lightbars, and other electrical items. (LED lightbars are not a “reduction” of electrical demand that many imagine.… most of them pull 10A or more…and in any event, they Add because they are an “additonal” load on the OEM alt.

But it’s not a simple matter of installing a higher-output alternator…and all is ”hunky-dory”…

If increased alt output is demanded from it….. the wiring harness of that alternator must meet the heavier gauge requirements of that higher output …or harness damage, melted insulations, damaged connectors…and worst-case…a Fire…. is possible.

I’m not posting this to discourage an upgrade…. I’m just wishing to remind folks…. a 40A alt needs a 10-8 ga wire…. an 80A alt needs 8-6 ga. (It’s possible you already have sufficient wire-ga…. just take a peek to see.…and think about any fuses/C.B.’s involved.)

@Cody93 : Do the alts have single-V-belt pulleys already mounted..? (Great price, BTW. warranty? thx)

Cody93

Equipment
Bx2380, L2501, L6060
Mar 7, 2024
Wayland, Michigan
I wasn't listing the alternators as a upgrade option, more as a stock replacement. These are just brand new stock OEM alternators, removed from new tractors that had defrosted windows installed. With certain add-ons like defrosted windows, it is highly recommended to get the higher output alternator kit installed at the same time. There's no warranty on the alternators hence the great price but i can assure you they're brand new without any issues and if for some reason something happened after a short period of time i would gladly send a different one. 90% of them have the vbelt pulley installed.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users