New 4701DT Problems

HipHopRenegade

Equipment
Kubota 4701
Aug 2, 2018
Rapid River, Michigan
Hi, guys. I bought a brand new 4701DT. I got it off the trailer and it doesn’t want to steer or move loader. It will move the bucket slowly up in a jerky motion as it gets hydraulic pressure inconsistently. Dealer is 200mi away. I have a call into the dealer. I just want to be certain I’m not missing something I can fix before I haul it to the dealer. I have owned several tractors. I have a sick feeling in my stomach. One of the more expensive things I’ve ever bought.

Fluid is good level-wise...

Fluid contains bubbles...

I have cycled the loader up and down in an attempt to bleed the system...

Sounds like it is constantly starving for fluid...whining noise

Do you fellas think it could be a stuck bypass or relief valve?

I am very hesitant to tear into this brand new thing. 1.8 hours...

Thanks again. I posted regarding this topic earlier and have added info. I thank those who responded. Thank you for helping me with this in advance.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
One thing you can try is to lower the three point and see if it still has a problem. The three point feed back rod might be miss adjusted.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Does it have a third function valve installed on it?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Did moving the three point lever make any difference?

If it does then it needs the feed back adjusted. ;)

HipHopRenegade

Equipment
Kubota 4701
Aug 2, 2018
Rapid River, Michigan
Solved!

Well, after 4 anxious days and nights the problem is solved. The hydraulic fluid was compromised by water. This occurred at the dealership.

The dealer compensated me with the materials for two changes and $200 dollars to change up the fluid myself. It works perfectly now.

Thanks again to everyone who responded. I’m happy to be a part of the forum.

zuric

Equipment
L2050DT, B7000 grey mkt. ! Workbull 202 Massey,650 John Deere, 3444 Int.
Feb 12, 2017
Ava Mo.
"The hydraulic fluid was compromised by water".
My opinion is; You have a damaged tractor..to the tune of many thousands of dollars. Water ran through hydraulic pumps takes life off that pump. I would refuse the tractor, were I spending my money.

HipHopRenegade

Equipment
Kubota 4701
Aug 2, 2018
Rapid River, Michigan
Thanks for your concern, Zuric. The pump was not running pure water or anything, but the fluid was degraded by water. The tractor only has 2.8 hours on it. Obviously, I was disappointed it happened. But, I feel confident no permanent damage was done.

What are some other opinions on this?

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Any amount of water that could cause the symptoms you describe is enough water to cause me to insist on another fresh machine. You have to ask yourself, how did water get into the machine and what damage has it done and when will the damage show up (and it will). My machines all live outside and I have never had a water problem. Not no but HELL NO.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I completely agree with others as I would have told them to come pick it up! :mad:

Now for the reality of it, it's a DT so no HST issues, the chances of it causing any real long term issues is going to be small.

If you really are going to keep the unit, make the dealer put it in writing that the unit had water in the hydraulic system when it was delivered (I'm betting he won't) and any damage within the warranty period will be covered for water rust, wear related damage to all components.

zuric

Equipment
L2050DT, B7000 grey mkt. ! Workbull 202 Massey,650 John Deere, 3444 Int.
Feb 12, 2017
Ava Mo.
Not to beat an old horse...but one wonders about a brand new tractor having water in the hydraulics. My opinion..only..is that water had to enter the system by being poured in..
The brand new seals/safeguards on outdoor equipment last for many years...or at least...they USED to !