need name of steering parts

jamesntexas

Nov 12, 2012
texas
ok i know this is a stupid question but i dont know the answer so...on my tractor (zennoh/kubota) there is a "steering bar" that runs on the side of the tractor and then there is another bar (assumed it to be tie rods) that connects the "steering arm" on the left side by wheel to the right side/wheel.-------so what is the correct name of the bar up front? I am seeing on ebay that people are calling the one on the side the tie rod bar......i am having a hard time finding a replacement and it would help if i knew what the proper name was.--thanks.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Is the bar itself damaged? If not you only replace the ends. The ends can be found on Ebay for about $26.

There is a right and a left.......right hand thread and left hand. You'll need both.

I've looked around for the drag link myself and have not found one.
I may consider cutting the ends off and welding new ones one if necissary.
I haven't checked with the dealer yet but I expect it to be about $130 or so.

None of my are worn yet but the dust cover boots are rotten so I ordered from the dealer and they should be in by Friday. $7 each.

jamesntexas

Nov 12, 2012
texas
I need the tie rod ends. The left side screws in and the left side is a long solid bar that runs inside the "tie rod bar cover"........the thing is since its a zennoh the local kubota place has no idea what i need without a part number.....dont know if there blowing me off because its a zennoh or they really dont know. I cant seem to find what i need on ebay that has the same dimensions.--need my tractor running yesterday.

I wouldnt mind buying the whole complete bar at teh kubota place if i knew it would fit correctly.

jamesntexas

Nov 12, 2012
texas
sorry for the delay didnt realize you had replied back

The model number is zl2601. The end that screws in broke.One side it screws in and the other side is a bar that goes into the shaft and then is "locked bolted" on.

Would prefer to get both ends (i kinda jacked up the threads on the other side taking it all off. I assumed i could find one side i could find the other and i wasnt as careful as i should have been. :( )...I might be able to/might have to get by with just the screw on side.

Is there any where on this site or anywhere else that has a listing of zennow to kubota parts numbers. Seems like we could pool our knowledge and make something. My info is limited as i havent had the tractor long but i do know a few things.