Need Kubota BX24 ball joint castle nut size??

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Did some grading and stump digging, and the ball joints finally went. Well, more specifically, the cotter pin and castle nut went missing on one side. I have two new ball joints on order, but there is a delay of course. The current ball joint is still functional, but I am having a hard time finding the size before I go to the store. Thread pitch matches close to both a metric 1.25 and a SAE 20, but I don't seem to have the right size to clean up the threads. If I can get a bolt on, I should be able to work the threads so I can use the ball joint for now. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Todd C

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Feb 18, 2020
SW Mich
Since it is a Kubota I would go with metric. BTW I just replaced the front lug nuts on my B2650 and they were M12 x 1.25. Just saying...

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Why not take the nut off the other side and match it at the store. You will need the same tools to take it off as to replace the first nut so it is not much extra work.

Shelby04861

Jul 13, 2019
Thomaston, Maine
Thanks. I also needed to be sure of the size to I could use the right die. Turned out to be M10 1.25. I only had M9 1.25. Oh well, bought the die at Napa and fixed the threads, installed, and tractor is back in action again!

Reactions: 1 user