Need ideas

bywaterdustin2

Oct 10, 2016
Teulon, Manitoba, Canada
I need to break up the ground and smooth it out for the riding pen. I have a 1990 M6950DTS with 3 point hitch but no center link. I have harrows that I usually pull behind quad but this is not enough to break it up. Any ideas of what I can make to attach the harrows to tractor? My welder isn't working so anything with wood frame wood be best.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have to assume you have no draw bar or trailer type hitch for the beast. Pictures of what you have would help, and maybe a couple blocks up on top to of what your disks are would help as well. If not then a RR tie with some RR spikes pounded in it, leaving say 4 inches sticking out and drag that around, or find someone close by with a plow or middle buster. You dont need to go real deep for a riding arena, 4 inches maybe 6 and add saw dust of sand to keep it loose

bywaterdustin2

Oct 10, 2016
Teulon, Manitoba, Canada
Help and ideas

I have a M6950DTS with 3 point hitch don't have center link arm. I need to break up the ground and smooth it out for the riding pen. Any ideas how to make a fixture out on wood to attach harrows to pull behind tractor and lift? My welder isn't working.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Re: Help and ideas

I have a M6950DTS with 3 point hitch don't have center link arm. I need to break up the ground and smooth it out for the riding pen. Any ideas how to make a fixture out on wood to attach harrows to pull behind tractor and lift? My welder isn't working.

If I am not mistaken - your top link will be a cat 2 - I would get a replacement at your local "tractor" supply house.

Making one out of wood ......would be dangerous- once a load is placed on that length ....it would explode and fibers could shoot backwards.

I am sure Winnipeg has a store that can help you with the top link.:)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Pull the harrows that you normally use behind the ATV. Drag them over to your arena, use some chain to attach them to your tractor, and drag away. Don't need top link if you're just dragging.

Put all the weight you want on the harrow, because now you have more pulling power.

Wooden top link will last almost as long as it takes to cut a piece of wood to fit!!!

bywaterdustin2

Oct 10, 2016
Teulon, Manitoba, Canada

I was looking at maybe making a frame out of wood that I could attach the harrows to with no center link.

I can't seem to figure out how to attach pictures using phone

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN

I'd run a chain or cable through the clevis on your drawbar and hook each end to a corner on the leading edge of the drag.