Need Help

Weasle

Equipment
L5740
Feb 21, 2016
Illinois
North idaho wolfman can you explain about screwing up my whole system by checking the relief valves. I was just going to unscrew them and make sure the springs were in good shape and verify there is nothing stuck in there. That is what the local dealer's mechanic suggested i try. If that is not a good idea i will scratch that. Thank you for the diagrams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weasle

Equipment
L5740
Feb 21, 2016
Illinois
Quick connects are all on good. Re worked all fittings as well. Fluid level is good. 300 psi going to loader. Should i try a new pump? I am grasping at straws here. Dealer mechanic is stumped as well. They want me to bring it in so they can tear it apart. Trying to avoid the huge shop bill. Please HELP!!!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you get the WSM it will have a trouble shooting guide in it that might help narrow the problem down.

Have you completely checked the valve linkage? As a stuck valve will cause low pressures.

Weasle

Equipment
L5740
Feb 21, 2016
Illinois
Yes i have been through the linkage. I have a manual on its way.

Weasle

Equipment
L5740
Feb 21, 2016
Illinois
With the cooler temperatures overnight i was able to lift my 3pt multiple times this morning. My loader has full curl functions as well. Still have no lift on the loader. Any ideas?

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
Wolfeman, you think he may have an issue with the suction line and he is pulling air into the system? I am grasping at long distance straws as I am stumped as to why he has some functions but not all and the cooler temps seem to have made a difference.

Weasle

Equipment
L5740
Feb 21, 2016
Illinois
Knightgang. I am going to try to change a small rubber hose that comes off of the pump and connects to a hard line. I just ordered it. Shot in the dark. We are thinking on the same page here i guess. Crossing my fingers

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
If the line you are changing come off the pump and goes into a hard line, then I think that is a pressure line. I was referring to the suction that pulls fluid form the sump into the pump. With the low pump pressure you reported, it is likely that there is air in the system. If there is a crack in the suction line, it likely will not leak or not have a noticeable leak as when the engine is running it is sucking air in. On the output side of the pump is the pressure and a crack there would produce a noticeable leak.

Your line replacement can't be much so it is worth a shot but the low pressure is what is concerning to me.

Weasle

Equipment
L5740
Feb 21, 2016
Illinois
According to the wsm at the dealer says the rubber line going to the hard line is my suction line. Hope it works

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
Could be. Mine may have a flexible rubber line as well, I have not paid attention. I just assumed that a suction line would be metal as I assume to could collapse with age if made of a flexible material.

Lets hope that is the issue and turned out to be a simple fix, although quite aggravating.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes a leak in a suction can cause some odd issues.
The rubber line is suction.
Might even consider the O-rings too.

When you did the filter change did you do both?
There is 2 filters, one on either side of the transmission.

If you have roll /curl swap the 2 lines for lift and curl:
1: See if you get any lift and if you still have curl.
2: If do get a swap (lift works and curl does not) then it's the valve.
3: If you get just the curl working but not the lift, its in a QA fitting, pull the fittings off the curl and swap them to the lift (female filling only, as the males do not have a valve in them), reconnect and retry if the lift comes back it's 100% a bad QA fitting.

Attachments

Last edited:

Weasle

Equipment
L5740
Feb 21, 2016
Illinois
I will try that tonight. Both filters were changed along with the fluid

Weasle

Equipment
L5740
Feb 21, 2016
Illinois
Finally got it figured out!!! It was the third function valve for the loader clam shell. Apparently that controls the flow for the whole unit. There was a relief valve that the spring was broke and only giving the system 300psi. By passed the third function valve and everything was great. Once I get a new spring I will have all of my functions back. This is my third tractor over the years and this was very baffling. Thank you all for your help on this matter. I greatly appreciate all the ideas and diagrams. Thanks again.

knightgang

Equipment
Kubota L2950
Aug 20, 2015
Georiga
That is the post I have been waiting on. While baffling, glad it turned out to be simple. Seems like an inexpensive fix. Good luck