Need advice, on vintage orange tractor, not kubota

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
Do any of you guys know what is proper fuel for a tractor like this, Tractor Data say they came with a distillate or gasoline engine. What is the diff other than compression, will either run on gas ?? is my real question. My grandpa farmed a lot of acres and paid for a large farm that left the family set over the coarse of his lifetime, with one of these, mostly always working long days by himself. Hard to fathom these days. I wish I could of known him better. I would like to buy a nice example of one like this/his to have.

Not Kubota but Orange and I would appreciate it if someone would help me understand. This one looks nice and is not to far away.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Any chance you could give a name or paste a picture?:p
My guess would be you are talking about an Allis Chalmers. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That tractor would run on standard gasoline, I would add a lubricant like marvel mystery oil if your going to run it any length of time.

Good luck on that one, he's probably got the reserve price set too high. ;)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Looks like a decent machine. But would have to see it in person. Could be a 3 dressed up as a 9.
Hope it works out for you.

Pizzaguy

Equipment
L3240 HSTC
Nov 24, 2012
Northwest Iowa
That looks like a very nice little C Allis Chalmers. They are a handy and easy to maneuver little tractor. Very popular to mount a belly mower on for mowing ( my Dad still mows with one). Bidding is on the high end of their value right now, but under 2 grand isn't bad for fun little toy that will last for years. Notice there is NO hydraulics on this tractor.

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
It looks good enough to go look at if it doesn't sell. I won't bid on it on ebay, can't tell enough in pic's. But I might contact him. Thanks...

I know what you mean about a 3 dressed up to a 9, perfect scenario for selling on Ebay.