Need advice for oil leak

ctmike

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3750 DT with loader, brush mower, rear grader blade, box scraper, rear blower,
May 10, 2013
Suffield, CT
After doing some brush mowing for the first time with my new-to-me L3750 DT, I discovered a lot of tall grass had wrapped itself around the unprotected drive shaft for the FWD. I needed a razor knife to remove the grass and after I did, hydraulic oil started steadily dripping from the oil seal located at the rear of the driveshaft (underneath the transmission). I've drained out all the hydraulic oil, pulled back the sliding coupler and need to know how to remove the oil seal. Can I remove the 4 large bolts shown in the photo that bolts the gear case to the transmission and will this allow me to pull out the part to work on it on the bench? I know I need to order the driveshaft cover when I order the new seal. This was my first 4-wheel drive tractor and I never thought about the spinning driveshaft picking up the grass like that.

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Looks like the only way to service it is to remove it.

I suspect there are a couple of retaining rings that hold the shaft and gear in place, press out the bearing to replace the seal from the inside.

ctmike

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3750 DT with loader, brush mower, rear grader blade, box scraper, rear blower,
May 10, 2013
Suffield, CT
Thanks, guys! I'll work on it this weekend. I ordered the parts today at the Kubota dealer. The sheet metal shield is $200.00!

ctmike

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 10, 2013
Suffield, CT
The gearbox unbolted off the transmission and after pulling it back an inch, came right off. I drilled two small holes in the old oil seal and used a slide hammer to pull it out. I cleaned up all the parts and now just need the parts to put it all back together.