Need a bigger alternator on your B series?

TJP440

Equipment
Gr2120 and B3200
Apr 16, 2017
Omaha, Ne
The alternator went out on our old b2410: after a bunch of research found an alternator from a Daihatsu car, 75 amps, it was almost a perfect fit, just had to cut of 5mm from the bottom holder. it has been working like a charm for 2 years now.
The alternator went out on our old b2410: after a bunch of research found an alternator from a Daihatsu car, 75 amps, it was almost a perfect fit, just had to cut of 5mm from the bottom holder. it has been working like a charm for 2 years now.

But mine's better nah nah nah nah nah nah 😁 cause it's rated for 120 amps 🎆LOL 🤣
But I'll bet yours was A LOT cheaper 😥. Mine was 130.00 at the time now 165.00 (Ouch!!!).
Yours was ?
And the part number would be very helpful for others as well :)
TWO questions, and these are serious ones believe it or not:
1.Did you upgrade your Alternator battery post to battery cable size? if not you likely need to.
2. Any other wiring mod's needed for the charging indicator ? Mine just had a lamp which is why I used the digital voltmeter.

🍻

Reactions: 1 user

tunin

Equipment
Kubota B1-17, B2410, STW40, Antonio Carraro SRH9800
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
Ha ha, this one was 20 euro, all cables are original, the plug was identical. I literaly just shaved 5mm from the bottom hinge to fit between the two two holders that the screw goes through.

Battery led is originaal, 16mm2, that is plenty for the lenght.

I will try to read the part number.

I live in a country where everything is difficult to fix, parts are hard to get so people are forced to find alternative solutions.

But mine's better nah nah nah nah nah nah 😁 cause it's rated for 120 amps 🎆LOL 🤣
But I'll bet yours was A LOT cheaper 😥. Mine was 130.00 at the time now 165.00 (Ouch!!!).
Yours was ?
And the part number would be very helpful for others as well :)
TWO questions, and these are serious ones believe it or not:
1.Did you upgrade your Alternator battery post to battery cable size? if not you likely need to.
2. Any other wiring mod's needed for the charging indicator ? Mine just had a lamp which is why I used the digital voltmeter.

🍻

tunin

Equipment
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
well, ”right to fix” they are already moding parts so it is impossible to replace them yourself, security screws, rfid chips installed, for some machines, it is already necessary to have the genuine diag. tool to ”activate” certain parts… the Gov. is aiding this.

I will try to read the part number.

Why would it be illegal?

Got a part number for the alternator or the model and year of the Daihatsu?

Dan

tunin

Equipment
Jun 23, 2013
Medjugorje
I just looked, the sticker for the part number is against the block, I can not reach it unless I dismantle everything… I will try to dig it up in my messages archive if I can.

i forgot to mention earlier, I swapped the pulleys.