my Zero turn kubota D-1211

451johnny

Sep 11, 2018
Stroudsburg
I was cutting grass and some how there was a piece of firewood that I ran over and got caught underneath the mower deck between the cutting blades and the deck itself ..It had gotten stuck and couldn't pull the log out so I ended up cutting the log out ..now the tractor just cranks but it won't turn over (won't start) I will appreciate any help in this matter ...johnny

marine-mp

Equipment
Kubota G5200 HST
Oct 4, 2020
Western NC
451johnny, I hate to hear that. Did the firewood stop the engine sudden-like, as if dead-nuts stop…or did it keep running an you stopped it?? Inquiring minds need to help diagnose to situation. Thank you kindly. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I was cutting grass and some how there was a piece of firewood that I ran over and got caught underneath the mower deck between the cutting blades and the deck itself ..It had gotten stuck and couldn't pull the log out so I ended up cutting the log out ..now the tractor just cranks but it won't turn over (won't start) I will appreciate any help in this matter ...johnny
This is a simple suggestion. Did you turn off the blade's pto.
A bit like running out of fuel. It runs out with the pto engaged and after refuelling and bleeding you forget the blade pto is still engaged and the motor wont start.
Any codes coming up on the main display?
Report your machine as a ZD1211 if that is what it really is.
Dave

Last edited:

451johnny

Sep 11, 2018
Stroudsburg
451johnny, I hate to hear that. Did the firewood stop the engine sudden-like, as if dead-nuts stop…or did it keep running an you stopped it?? Inquiring minds need to help diagnose to situation. Thank you kindly. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike
first I heard the banging when it first pulled the log in then it got jammed than it shut down and I couldn't remove the log because it had jammed in the mower so I had to cut it out and once I freed it i tried starting it and all it does is crank but won't start

Reactions: 1 user

451johnny

Sep 11, 2018
Stroudsburg
A bit like running out of fuel. It runs out with the pto engaged and after refuelling and bleeding you forget the blade pto is still engaged and the motor wont start.
Dave

451johnny

Sep 11, 2018
Stroudsburg
Dave
I didn't check for any codes but I'll check better tomorrow

marine-mp

Equipment
Kubota G5200 HST
Oct 4, 2020
Western NC
451johnny, I really don’t know too much about these newfangled machines, but my first thot would be a “safety swich” of sorts. Maybe got jarred when it stopped sudden-like. Just a thot. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
A safety switch would disable the starter motor circuit so I think the problem lies elsewhere.
Does the engine sound normal when the starter motor is turning it? Does it make any attempt at firing?
Maybe turn the engine over by hand and see if it is making compression? I'm wondering if it has slipped timing.