My Toy Collection

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Very nice toys and quite the arsenal of weaponry!

I hope you are wearing hearing protection when running that stuff, especialy the blower....LOUD!

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
OH YEAH weed wacker and blower both I keep ear plugs in my head and some kinda sunglasses over my eyes so crap dont poke my eye's out. I try to wear a skull cap on my chrome dome to keep the sun to blistering my bald noggin. I've found as bad as I sweat the skull cap like the ones bikers wear is just light enough to let steam out and sunlight off. And its always something steel toe on my feet. Weather its boots or my tennis shoes ALL have steel toe's. Gotta love Redwings

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
OH YEAH weed wacker and blower both I keep ear plugs in my head and some kinda sunglasses over my eyes so crap dont poke my eye's out. I try to wear a skull cap on my chrome dome to keep the sun to blistering my bald noggin. I've found as bad as I sweat the skull cap like the ones bikers wear is just light enough to let steam out and sunlight off. And its always something steel toe on my feet. Weather its boots or my tennis shoes ALL have steel toe's. Gotta love Redwings

That is good to hear and actually makes me happy :D

I have worked with guys that (most are retired now) did not wear hearing protection through out there career for what ever reason. I think it's a generation thing as most old timers were not trained to use it. Well, as you can guess they all are deaf as a door nail and most got hearing aids. Really sad. When you lose hearing it's fucking gone and that's that. You can't hear the tv, can't hear people talking, birds singing, baby's laughing, dogs barking and just can't hear shit.

Eye protection is also overlooked at times until one of the the two peepers is gone.

That weed wacker will kick up a stone and reomove an eye like a surgically placed bullet. I live in a mostly desert invironment and I do a lot of weed wacking. Every year I go through a couple pairs of safety glasses as the stones kicking back destroy them.

UV protection, glad you got that covered! Hate to see you turn into a saddle bag by the time you hit 40.

Boots? Dude you and I both agree these are the BEST...

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Have you ever tried to get your Pecos resoled? I have several pair that I have been hanging on to with the hope of getting that done some day.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I had one pair of Peco's from them. I got 8 years of use and 4 sole replacements done. Got to the point I had to replace the boot cause my hoof rolled over the sides of my boots.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I had one pair of Peco's from them. I got 8 years of use and 4 sole replacements done. Got to the point I had to replace the boot cause my hoof rolled over the sides of my boots.
I just need to find a good bootery place to have it done. I would like to get a more aggressive sole though. Something that will not let me slip on wet grass and also able to walk on packed snow with out ice skating.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I take it yall dont have a Redwing store in your neck of they woods. We have 3 here in Richmond and they do shoe repair on sight. I think its 40 bucks to put new soles on the boots and all of them and non slip sole and will not mark flooring either. I had a shitty pair of boots years ago that would leave skid marks behind if you were not careful.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
3 redwing stores in your area AND they resole the boot for $40 :eek:

My nearest dealer is about 40 miles from me. It's a mom and pop that also sell dress and casual shoes. I asked them about the resole and they recommended shipping them off for a few weeks at a cost more thatn $40. I passed on that.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Damn I lucked out, I've got a Redwing store not 5 miles up the road. And thats all they do it shoes, boots, socks and gloves.

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
Gotta love the RedWing store :D

Just about every town has a RedWing round bouts here...

Foisy

Equipment
Kubota L3240, Great Bend Backhoe, LA514 Loader, rear snowblower
Mar 28, 2010
Northern Ontario
Gotta love the RedWing store :D

Just about every town has a RedWing round bouts here...
Not here in Canada, we only have Red Wing Stores in British Columbia and Alberta. Thats the nice thing about internet. I can order from anywhere. In Canada those boots go for $280. In US, $240. I keep a US address in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan and ship all my US purchases there. It takes about 10 min. to drive across the border and get my stuff. Gotta like the Cdn $ playing with par to the US $.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Not here in Canada, we only have Red Wing Stores in British Columbia and Alberta. Thats the nice thing about internet. I can order from anywhere. In Canada those boots go for $280. In US, $240. I keep a US address in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan and ship all my US purchases there. It takes about 10 min. to drive across the border and get my stuff. Gotta like the Cdn $ playing with par to the US $.

Your issue reminds me of mine. Lucky for me, I live within a couple hour drive of Las Vegas. Once a month a make a drive over to Vegas and pick up a couple of stripper chicks. Not because of any currency issues of course, but rather I just can't get any good stripper chicks in California :(

Scott

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
DAMN! thats a shock I thought Cali was infested with stirppers. I was told to carry a can of Ho-B-Gon to get rid of them cause they crawl all over you like flys.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
No dude, we got tons but there all the types out for a dime bag or something.

Probably get you some of that aids :eek:

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Eric love your toys great to have a job where you can tell wifey got to have this so I can make some doe (HE, HE). Man I agreee with taildust be careful with that weedwhacker do some damage.handy