My new L3200HST

snapdealer

Equipment
L3200HST
Aug 19, 2013
Lawrenceburg,tn
Today I bought and took delivery of my Brand new L3200hst and it is the best tractor I've ever had of course this is only my second but the first brand new tractor I had ever driven. At first the HST was a trade of with my wife so she could use it also after all it is half hers (I hear) but after doing a couple hours loader work around the farm I find I really like it. This was quite a purchace (for me anyways) and with the exception of my farm it's the most I've ever spent in one day but as soon as I saw the truck show up with that gleaming brand spanking new tractor on it I almost forgot what it felt like handing over the check. I can't wait too start on my chores list tomorrow I know this feeling will fade I just hope not too soon. Thanks too all on here that posted thier expierences as it really helped me make my final call too pull the trigger on this purchace...Jef

Attachments

snapdealer

Equipment
L3200HST
Aug 19, 2013
Lawrenceburg,tn
Great looking tractor.Does the HST seem loud to you?
Actually it does I thought it was just me. But it in no way overshadows the ease of operation of this machine after mucking out the stalls I went looking for more to do on my old tractor (ss) I was happy to be done after a few trips back and forth.

yankeepac

Equipment
L3200
Apr 4, 2013
salisbury nc usa
I bought the same beast a few months ago. The whine of the hst is pretty noticeable, but taking it out of 4wd when you don't need it, and either increasing or decreasing the engine speed to find the "sweet spot" can really help with the noise.

Have fun.

Tn1977

Mar 1, 2013
Waverly,Tn
On level ground it does fairly well.However, up and down hills it's just loud no matter what. It's a tough little tractor though.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
You won't regret the HST, I love mine. My tractor is bigger, but the only time I hear any whine in the hst is when I am in too high of a gear, and it is struggling. In the proper gear, mine makes no noise I can hear.

buckaroo52

Equipment
Kubota L 3800 DT
Jun 5, 2013
Molalla, Oregon
Your gonna love your investment, I've got 29 hrs. on my new L3800 DT. Incredible little tractor for sure. Couldn't be happier with it. Congrats !

snapdealer

Equipment
L3200HST
Aug 19, 2013
Lawrenceburg,tn
I've had it a couple of days now and found if you play with the throttle and gears to find just the right combo the whine is considerably less but what I can't seem to get my head around is not clutching every time I want to back out of somewhere I'm sure I will get use to it but my first instinct is to cluch and go for the shifter only when my hand comes to rest on nothing do I remember that I now own a HST but I'm sure that muscle memory will wear off and I love this tractor it so easy to operate even the wife could drive it ( if I ever tell her where the keys are :D ).

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
.................... my first instinct is to cluch and go for the shifter only when my hand comes to rest on nothing do I remember that I now own a HST but I'm sure that muscle memory will wear off..................................
Some things have a way of coming back anyway. About a year ago I was coming down the road from the next town. Something triggered a memory of being in the same place while tooling along in my Z28. When I prepared to make a right turn onto a side road, I instinctively raised my left foot to get on the clutch and reached for the shifter. Now the bad part. I sold the Z28 in early '75:eek:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I hate explaining to a passenger in my truck why my foot slamed to the floor and I'm looking for the imaginary clutch pedal that isn't there... I hated that going from driving a tractor trailer all week then hop in my automatic pickup to go home. Left foot slams the floor, Im like clutch pedal stupid there isnt a clutch pedal.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I'm sure you will keep on loving it - the fun of doing real work never goes away!

PWM3rd

Equipment
L3800; Landpride RCR1260; BB1260; GS15; RB15; Titan PForks; PTB;
Jan 24, 2014
Central Illinois
Your gonna love your investment, I've got 29 hrs. on my new L3800 DT. Incredible little tractor for sure. Couldn't be happier with it. Congrats !
Bought my 1St brand spankin new L3800 also in December 2013. I still haven't had it delivered to date. Had SSQA, extra rear remote and block heater added. Dealer still waiting for BH to install. (also bought rear mower and scraper w tractor/FEL). Weather has been so bad to have delivered and spend anytime w dealer out in elements going over SOPs. I've even bought Pianaha bucket teeth and bucket hooks (from Kens) to get installed for spring. Hell..I've made my 1st Kubota payment and haven't even sat in seat yet..LOL. All my family thinks I have "made up" tractor.

lonegunman

Equipment
L-3200 HST, FEL, back blade, box scraper, brush mower, discs and 2 bottom plow
Feb 13, 2014
Cheney, WA
We(my wife and I) bought ours last September, it had 4/10ths of an hour on it when purchased with FEL and a couple of attachments. I had to order a trailer to haul it to my property and I spent about 8 hours cutting the road and improving my access.

Having never owned a tractor, this was a big deal. It is comfortable, sips fuel, does tons of work and 32hp does go a long way. I got to plow some snow once then it warmed up, dang it.

I just bought a right side grab handle to make operating it a bit more pleasant. I have no complaints. We pondered an L-3800 for the extra cash and decided we would rather have an extra attachment instead.

I really like being able to load up my own equipment and do whatever I need done on my own schedule.