my Kubota won't start

451johnny

Sep 11, 2018
Stroudsburg
I have 2017 Kubota ZD1211 Diesel motor lawn tractor that died out on me while cutting the Grass it had turned off on me once before when I ran out of diesel fuel so when I got and added diesel it took allot of engine cranking to get it started again..once I got it running it was good for about a month than while using it today it just conked out on me and when I tried to restart it it wouldn't ..I was told to never run out of diesel because if you do you have to bleed the line so as to get the air out of the line is this true ? johnny thanks in advance

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
After you run out of fuel then add fuel and it starts and runs for a month then bleeding is not your problem.

If you ran out of fuel again then you may need to bleed it now but don’t be concerned about that from a month ago.

Most modern systems bleed themselves by turning the key to on and letting the electric fuel pump run for a little while. That should be covered in the operation manual of the vehicle.

Reactions: 1 user

451johnny

Sep 11, 2018
Stroudsburg
After you run out of fuel then add fuel and it starts and runs for a month then bleeding is not your problem.

If you ran out of fuel again then you may need to bleed it now but don’t be concerned about that from a month ago.

Most modern systems bleed themselves by turning the key to on and letting the electric fuel pump run for a little while. That should be covered in the operation manual of the vehicle.
ok you're right because a mont5h ago when I did add more fuel it took allot for it to get started, I actually had to walk away for a while to let things settle and when it did start didn't have any problems till now and the first thing I did was look at the fuel gauge it was 3/4 full ? I'm in the process of charging my battery for the next attempt ..anyway thanks for your advice I really appreciate it Johnny

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
See if you get good fuel flow from the tank. Sometimes blockage will form at the output. Be sure you have fuel flow to the fuel filter as well as beyond. Do you have a water collecting filter which needs emptied periodically? Read your manual for bleeding air from the system. It should not take a lot of cranking but you may have a vent you're supposed to open to establish fuel flow.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
There’s always a chance that your tractor has a fuel cut off solenoid that’s electrically activated, and that it needs to be energized in order for the engine to run.

I have no clue whether this is the case with your tractor or not. But if it is, a broken wire, a blown fuse, or a failed solenoid could give you the symptom where the engine cranks but it does not start. The reason in this case is because the solenoid is not operating for whatever reason, and the fuel stays cut off.

This is total speculation on my part so I’m just offering it as a possibility. I have no clue about the details of your tractor so take this idea with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 user

451johnny

Sep 11, 2018
Stroudsburg
See if you get good fuel flow from the tank. Sometimes blockage will form at the output. Be sure you have fuel flow to the fuel filter as well as beyond. Do you have a water collecting filter which needs emptied periodically? Read your manual for bleeding air from the system. It should not take a lot of cranking but you may have a vent you're supposed to open to establish fuel flow.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
or check the tank valve. One on the bottom of each tank. I've seen sticks or whatever hit em and turn em off.

451johnny

Sep 11, 2018
Stroudsburg
yeah, I have to take the time out and read the Manuel ...im gonna check out those filters and check the fuel line making sure its flowing & the water filter not sure if it has one but I wil check ..thanks johnny
or check the tank valve. One on the bottom of each tank. I've seen sticks or whatever hit em and turn em off.
thanks i'll be checking that