My first Kubota

2650fan

Equipment
B2650TLB
Jun 28, 2022
CT
I personally would think about loading the rear tires and adding rear spacers unless your land is completely flat
Be mindful of size of spacers and interference with mmm if you go that route

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
What Bird Dogger said is right on! And sharpening the blades is fun also. That will make you buy another loader tractor just to service that deck by leaving it on. :)
D2Cat, you're right........I forgot to even mention the cleaning/servicing of my old belly mount mower! :LOL:
Maintaining the RFM is without a question......SO Much easier and quicker!! Which definitely negates some of the time saved with a MM mower.

It only took a week or two once the RFM mower was used behind the B2650 to realize how much I struggled with (and now despised) that mid mount mower. LOL!! For my situation, mowing would have to be 90% (or better) of the tractor's duties before I'd go back to a MM mower. With all the summertime chores that involve cultivating, grading, backhoe, roto tilling, stump grinding, working in the woods, etc., etc., mowing is more likely around 20% of my tractor time.......and even less in the dry spells and late in the season.

Being able to change between mowing or any other implement in only a couple of minutes without getting down under the tractor sure is handy. I've even stopped in the middle of mowing, changed implements for a 15 minute job for the wife in her garden, and then went back to mowing. That would never happen with the old belly mower!! (No matter what she promised to cook for supper!! :ROFLMAO:)

If your tractor has no other duties (or very few) but to mow......a MM mower (or ZT) would be great. Once you start adding those other "frequent" duties.......it's time to consider the benefits of a RFM as your other option.

Reactions: 2 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
5 acres is getting into B2601 territory. 5 acres is a wee way to drive, the BX is slow. The B has 3 speeds, and in high goes a lot faster. If you're mowing long strips it's a big difference, but also different just getting from a to b. The wheels are quite a bit bigger so it rides better (still not great, but better). I especially say this because you're looking at the BX 26HP. If you want to spend a bit more for 26HP, I think you really want to spend more for a bigger 26HP machine (B2601). The BX 26hp really doesn't do much more than the BX 23hp, whereas the B2601 does quite a bit more.

I personally wouldn't fill the tires, everyone says to, but I think a ballast box is better. Filled tires are weight you can never remove, and ruts on your lawn are a thing.

I had a BX and now have a B. I like the MMM, and on the B the decks are all drive over (no up charge).

If you want a grapple and SSQA, check the remaining capacity on a BX. They don't lift a huge amount to start with, once you subtract the SSQA setup and the grapple, the useful load isn't big. The B is a bit more (still not huge, but I'd guess the useful capacity with a grapple would be close to double).

Reactions: 3 users

Downeaster

Equipment
Kubota BX1880, loader, mower deck, and ballast
Oct 18, 2022
Waterford, Maine
I just purchased a used 2019 BX1880 used at a good price. It has loader and mmm, and ballast box. I was thinking I would want the MMM. I have a JD X330 practically new, that I use for mowing and picking up leaves in the fall. I also drag A DR Premier leaf vac behind in the fall as I have so many leaves. My thinking was to sell the JD, which is in perfect shape. My thinking was when I bought the BX I would just get the Chute for the MMM and hook the hose on and use that for the leaves. Well, the Chute for the MMM is over $800, so I guess I keep the JD, and sell my MMM. I expect to keep the BX for a year or so anyway, and once my work is complete, I will sell it. The MMM on the BX cuts great by the way, and I think easier to take on and off than the driveover.