MX5200 vs M5660

Duckman860

Mar 10, 2018
Whitleyville, TN
Hi. New to forum. I have been talking to a couple of dealers about these two tractors. Gonna probably purchase this week. Right now I have been quoted $31,500 for a MX5200 with a FEL,canopy,front and rear working lights, a 6 ft rotary cutter and a 6 ft box blade are an additional 3K. The M5660 with same equipment is $36,000 plus 4,500 for a 7 ft cutter and box blade. Anybody have experience with either tractor and if the pricing is good? These are the 4wd models. I have 65 acres that is 40 wooded the rest is open but steep. Looking to do bushoggin. Road maintenance and some clearing. Some livestock is also involved. Anybody have experience with the MX series? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
M5660 has 50hp at the PTO and hydraulic shuttle. That's what impresses me with that model. The biggest difference is probably the weight of the machines. Depends on what you want to do in the future with your property. The 5660 will handle larger tasks, but don't be surprised the MX is capable. I have run a mx5200 with two wheel drive and it was a work horse. Ask the dealer to drive them both.
It really depends on what you are planning to do. If you plan on doing a lot of clearing, the 5660 may be the way to go. It's heavier.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
I have the MX5800 w/FEL I purchased last year to maintain 52 acres. I went with this model due to PTO horsepower being 50. I made the decision to have this much horsepower to be able to operate almost every implement on the market. If you were comparing two models I believe based on specs alone the MX5800 would be more comparable. I love my tractor so far although it could be better by filling the rear tires. No matter which tractor you purchase, the FEL will be more stable with tires filled and possible ballast box. After looking at the specs, the M5660 would give you bigger front tires, heavier FEL capacity, and the tractor alone would be 600+/- lbs heavier. In my opinion if your looking more towards the MX series I would purchase the MX5800 as the cost difference wasn't that much more. Good luck with your decision!