MX4800 Stabilizer Check Chain - Sway

Dalroo

Equipment
MX4800DT
Aug 24, 2015
Brookesmith, TX
I've seen this called a check chain, a sway stabilizer, and a stabilizer chain, so I will just call it a check chain.

I noticed last week that when I turned a tight corner while shredding, my tractor bogged down and almost died. First time it had ever happened. I thought it was just the heavy grass I was cutting, but when I was done and cleaning things up, I noticed the left side check-chain was hanging on both ends. The turnbuckle was still there, along with the lock nut, so just assumed it had backed out.

I tried several times to re-attach and could not get the threads to start, so pulled assembly apart and found that both the turnbuckle and one of the bolts was stripped, and it had only been holding by one or two turns - I've never had to adjust, so have to assume this was done during assembly either at factor or by dealer, but no way to prove, so I will just be purchasing.

Any suggestions, other than dealer, to purchase, or a better system? I've tried to search online and can find them, but can't dig in to be sure they are the proper size for my MX4800. Do I just need to start making calls? Where?

All help appreciated.

Flynlow3

Equipment
Kubota L3800HST land pride rcr1872 woods rd7200
Aug 29, 2017
Effingham IL
Save yourself future trouble and see if you can upgrade to the telescopic 3 point. Much tougher design than those stupid turn buckles and hooking up attachments is easier and faster. Money well spent. I went through 3 turn buckles before I wished up and found the other design. Was $200 for kit for my L3800. My MX5800 came with it when I bought it

Dalroo

Equipment
MX4800DT
Aug 24, 2015
Brookesmith, TX
I went the easy route and just purchased the replacement from dealer. $85. May do something more custom if I have another problem, but as I said in OP, I think it was crossed threaded during assembly causing the problem.