mobile rear remotes- Brainstorm or Brainfart?

philztoy

Equipment
L3830, IH695, Deere 4720Cab 3720Cab 4320 4200 450C 790, R Z and Jetstar Molines
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
I have 4 tractors that I want to install rear remotes on. Kubota L3830, Green 4320 compact, Green 4200 and maybe Green 3720. two of the greens have "power beyond" kits in the rear. All the tractors are open system hydraulics.

So on to the brainfart or brainstorm part.

I was thinking why not put an inline quick disconnect in the middle of the Kubota flow line matching the quick disconnects on the power beyond Green machines.

My alleged brainstorm is: If I built a valve body module with two or three sets of remotes attached and which connected inline to the quick disconnects in all of the tractors and then made some sort of "clamp to the ROPS" attachment for it, could I switch this modular mobile remote unit between tractors where I needed it?

Brainstorm or Brainfart?... often it is hard for me to tell the difference. Please let me know if you have done that or if I am missing something since I am a hydraulic remote installation virgin so far (although I do know how to use them).

Phil

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes it would work, but I know it's a small amount but what about fluid compatibility and fittings?
I'm fluid is probably not an issue as farmers have been doing swaps for years.
And as much as I hate to say it using JD fittings on the Kubota would be more practical.

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
I was wondering about the fluid cross migration. I think most my fittings are the generic pioneer type. If they aren't it is going to be an adapter nightmare.

I kind of started the project for the power beyond on my 4200 which is in my garage with pioneer hookups. Here are some pictures of the Kubota I need to tap into.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

I was going to put a female pioneer quick disconnect on the outlet of the joystick. and break it there. I have to look at it more before I start on that one. Still hoping for decent a 3rd forth and fifth quote from the dealer. :)

so far the mobile box project is going to be put in a 50 cal ammo box. It might be cheaper to just do the factory kits :O

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
I ended up making a semi permanent install on my Deere but thought I would post the pictures for posterity.

I put a loop in to the quick disconnects on my "power beyond" on the back of the trator. So I looped that through the opencenter control valve and sent those to the red and yellow parker valved remotes on the left of the tractor.

It is my first attempt at hydraulic remotes so hopefully I will get better but it all works! powering a hydraulic top link in the picture and I can use the factory installed remote on the tractor for a front 4 in 1 buccket or grappel.
[/URL]
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
I put a loop in to the quick disconnects on my "power beyond" on the back of the trator. So I looped that through the opencenter control valve and sent those to the red and yellow parker valved remotes on the left of the tractor.
Hmm... I think you just relieved me of the insatiable appetite for a hydraulic TL. Thanks for the post!

Oh, and in my humble opinion, if you never get better than this with your hydraulic projects, well, fantastic is really an okay result.

Ben S

Equipment
B2620 FEL MMM mcconell swingtrim
Jan 17, 2015
Holland
I ended up making a semi permanent install on my Deere but thought I would post the pictures for posterity.

It is my first attempt at hydraulic remotes so hopefully I will get better but it all works! powering a hydraulic top link in the picture and I can use the factory installed remote on the tractor for a front 4 in 1 buccket or grappel.
[/URL]
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
eeks .... green tractor on ott....

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
LOL Sorry for the blinding Green post... it is sacrilidge and blasphemy I know, (although I had my hands up... so this tractor profiling has to end...:p:)

BUT... my Kubota L3830 is getting 3 factory rear remotes installed by the dealer tomorrow. So I will try and make it up to you guys by posting pictures of that install (which should be very nice!!). To be honest, I spent almost the same money on my Rube Goldberg Green install.

AND, in the mean time to try and make amends, here is a picture of the ORANGE tool box I installed on my KUBOTA (wish I had a transparent toolbox so I could see the 3 point, but... oh well, it holds a lot of tools):

[/URL][/IMG]

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
Kubota factory remotes (as promised). They look better than my spaghetti homebrew.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

philztoy

Equipment
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
I added 3 so I can run the slope mower with two remotes on the back and have the front loader on the tractor with an option for an up front grapple bucket or if I' m not using that I can have a hydraulic top link with the slope mower on the back.

Of course, the reason not to do it was the painful $2300 price tag of all three installed. There is a bit of a pucker factor there. It was supposed to be around 2k but the install was charged at 5 hours rather than the estimated 2.

But, the levers and the Remotes are very nicely done and it saved me 5 hours of labor (or maybe 10 who knows?).

Almost spring here in Michigan and I made a lot of headway this winter on tractor maintenance and upgrades (even if I am kinda green at times :) )

I appreciate everybody's help and guidance on this site thank you.

Phil