Mechanical Fuel Pump D1105

Bscout

Jul 13, 2015
Houston tx
I have a D1105 in a Hydrotraxx marsh buggy. My fuel tank is slightly below the engine and the fuel line runs down from the tank and then up to the engine...about 5 feet from tank to filter. Sometimes I have to crank the engine 6 or more times to get fuel to the injectors...I can tell the engine is close to starting when white smoke starts coming from the exhaust. Two questions. Should I consider installing an electric fuel pump and bypass the mechanical pump? Can I use the manual primer on the mechanical pump to help with starting?

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I have a D1105 in a Hydrotraxx marsh buggy. My fuel tank is slightly below the engine and the fuel line runs down from the tank and then up to the engine...about 5 feet from tank to filter. Sometimes I have to crank the engine 6 or more times to get fuel to the injectors...I can tell the engine is close to starting when white smoke starts coming from the exhaust. Two questions. Should I consider installing an electric fuel pump and bypass the mechanical pump? Can I use the manual primer on the mechanical pump to help with starting?
Try the primer pump to see if it helps. You can add an electric ahead of the mechanical but there is no reason to bypass the mechanical pump. Make sure you don't have a small air leak somewhere. If your fuel system is tight you should not have any fuel issues.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
X2
Check hoses/connections between injection pump> fuel feed pump> fuel filter> tank. Also oring seal on fuel filter and filter itself. Make sure the air bleed screw on the fuel filter housing is done up after bleeding air.