M9960 Regeneration

josephny

Equipment
M9960 KX41-2
Jul 23, 2017
Sullivan County, NY
I know there are many posts here and elsewhere on regeneration, but I'm still confused.

I have a total of 3 yellow switches (buttons) on my dash: One on the left (no unique indications) and two on the right (one has a regen symbol and a little "i" and the other has no unique indications). I've attached pics.

Right now the regen light is lit and the regen with a P light is lit. At idle, the 'raise rpm' light is lit.

I believe this means I'm in stage 2.

If I raise the rpm the 'raise rpm' light goes out.

I would like to force it to regen, but I can't figure out how. Which switches should be lit?

Thank you!

IMG_8474.jpg
IMG_8473.jpg
IMG_8472.jpg

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Your tractor is just different enough from the L60s that I am not sure. If you are just in the early stage 2, you can still do an auto regen if you just up the rpm and find some work to do once it is well warmed up. The p on the dash may mean you CAN do a parked regen, and the directions should be in operators manual. Usually things like wheels straight ahead, implements turned off, etc, and then push parked regen button. Not sure on yours which it is.

You can download operators manuals free on the Kubota website.

josephny

Equipment
M9960 KX41-2
Jul 23, 2017
Sullivan County, NY
Your tractor is just different enough from the L60s that I am not sure. If you are just in the early stage 2, you can still do an auto regen if you just up the rpm and find some work to do once it is well warmed up. The p on the dash may mean you CAN do a parked regen, and the directions should be in operators manual. Usually things like wheels straight ahead, implements turned off, etc, and then push parked regen button. Not sure on yours which it is.

You can download operators manuals free on the Kubota website.
Thank you.

I was able to do the Parked Regeneration.

My mistake was that the geat shifter was in neutral instead of Parked.

As soon as I started again, with Forward-Reserve in Neutral, and the gear shifter in Parked, and engine at idle, the left hand side of the 2 yellow lights together (the one with the little "!") started flashing, telling me that it was ready for a regen. Pushing it (I think) started the regen.

Thanks again!

Reactions: 1 user

kb5zqd

Oct 3, 2018
Texas
Thank you.

I was able to do the Parked Regeneration.

My mistake was that the geat shifter was in neutral instead of Parked.

As soon as I started again, with Forward-Reserve in Neutral, and the gear shifter in Parked, and engine at idle, the left hand side of the 2 yellow lights together (the one with the little "!") started flashing, telling me that it was ready for a regen. Pushing it (I think) started the regen.

Thanks again!
When the lights starts flashing i just raise the rpm until the flashing goes away on my2014 9960. If you are not using leave it in park. Mine usually takes about 15 minutes at 2100 rpm.