M9000 trouble. A whole lot deeper then I ever thought.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
My guess is hose in photo is a heater core supply hose. One reason it could be plugged is because temp/water control valve in cab doesn't operate as designed.

AngleBlade1cc11

Equipment
M9000 4x4 W/loader
Dec 4, 2018
Scranton PA
Well I got a hold of the place that rebuilt my engine. He said the hose Runs from the rear of the block to the bottom of radiator. He said there shouldn’t be a plug in the hose. It should be a coupler connecting the 2 hoses to allow fluid to pass through. He didn’t sound to confident but let’s hope. He should know. So I removed plug and put in a coupler. ***129310;

AngleBlade1cc11

Equipment
M9000 4x4 W/loader
Dec 4, 2018
Scranton PA
Well that guy I talked to that rebuilt motor was wrong. I just looked at my buddy’s tractor which is the same as mine and his hoses have a plug. He was draining the system and the book told him to drain it from those hoses. That plug is there so you can do radiator and block separate. Now I have to find that plug I took out to put back in. Lol

AngleBlade1cc11

Equipment
M9000 4x4 W/loader
Dec 4, 2018
Scranton PA
Ok so I’m back on here a year later. Got 60 hours on the rebuild and now have issues with engine missing. I believe it’s a fuel issue. Sometimes it even has the fuel knock. I cracked injector lines twice and it cleared up for a few hours. But now that’s not working. I narrowed it down to one injector and crack that and the engine would actually run better when I crack the line. When I would tightened the line back up it would go back to missing. So today I took injector out and switched it with another one to see if the miss would follow the injector. It did not. So it can’t be the injector. Took the fuel line off and checked for pin holes and line looks good. I took all the lines off the plungers and noticed all of them had fuel to the top of threads except the one that was missing and seen a paint chip in the hole. Cleaned it out put it all back together and still missing. So it has to be inside injection pump? I just had plungers rebuilt and injection pump checked out when engine was out.

AngleBlade1cc11

Equipment
M9000 4x4 W/loader
Dec 4, 2018
Scranton PA
Ok so I’m back on here a year later. Got 60 hours on the rebuild and now have issues with engine missing. I believe it’s a fuel issue. Sometimes it even has the fuel knock. I cracked injector lines twice and it cleared up for a few hours. But now that’s not working. I narrowed it down to one injector and crack that and the engine would actually run better when I crack the line. When I would tightened the line back up it would go back to missing. So today I took injector out and switched it with another one to see if the miss would follow the injector. It did not. So it can’t be the injector. Took the fuel line off and checked for pin holes and line looks good. I took all the lines off the plungers and noticed all of them had fuel to the top of threads except the one that was missing and seen a paint chip in the hole. Cleaned it out put it all back together and still missing. So it has to be inside injection pump? I just had plungers rebuilt and injection pump checked out when engine was out.

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Hey Angle sorry I cant help with the problem and I do hope you get it all worked out! I do have a question though if you dont mind me asking. I was born and raised in the south side of Scranton so I was just wondering what you do with an M9 in the big city?

AngleBlade1cc11

Equipment
M9000 4x4 W/loader
Dec 4, 2018
Scranton PA
Haha, I don’t live right in Scranton. I just used that because it’s the closet bigger city to me so people would know what area I am from. I live 40 min north of Scranton around Elk Mountain.

Reactions: 1 user