M7060 Windsheild Washer Reservoir

Starreb

Equipment
M7060
Oct 12, 2018
Star, MS, US
I bought a used M7060 w/ a cab with less than 100 hours, so relatively new. While hooking up the bush hog I put my hand on the washer reservoir and it just crumbled. Is there an online site to purchase a replacement?

Thanks, Mike
Star, MS

cavjock23

Equipment
M6060,709 pull shredder, offset disk, Pallet forks, Box Blade
Apr 9, 2017
Houston, TX
Messicks has it..
Same thing happened too me. I haven’t bought it though..It was stupid pricey..

gwtx

Sep 26, 2016
NEAR Goliad, TX
Very ingenious of them,,,BIO DEGRADEABLE PE. And where it is mounted is probably THE roughest riding point on the tractor. The design guarantees no aftermarket direct replacement. The kicker is,,we, (our manufacturers) taught them all about "Time Bomb" engineering. :(

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
Same thing happened to mine and I refuse to replace it due to the ridiculous price they are asking for this cheap piece of plastic. I wrapped mine in duct tape to keep the sun off it and keep it from disintegrating further.

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
Out of curiosity, I looked up the price. o_Oo_O Thats CRAZY!!!

Before I spent that kind of money, I would buy a spray bottle of Windex and paper towels and keep it in the cab.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
That's a good point about the winter. I didn't think about that. . .

After 3 weeks with no rain, and a lot of those days near or above 100 degrees I'd just like a little rain.

gwtx

Sep 26, 2016
NEAR Goliad, TX
@ hBK82,,, Did you buy the universal kit? Have you rigged it up yet? I've got a similar one coming tomorrow. I haven't got a plan yet. Haven't had time to worry about it.
Why do they have two separate pumps and lines? Any ideas anyone? I haven't looked at it too close yet. Thanks for the headsup on the kit.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Ya be my guess also front and back. I haven’t had to change my washer fluid res as it’s not showing any signs of wear/tear or cracking. I just looked up that bottle for others.

gwtx

Sep 26, 2016
NEAR Goliad, TX
Duhh,,,,Thanks guys. I didn't know it had a washer on the rear window :rolleyes: I seldom use the washers. I just spray the "barn dust" off as part of my "pre-flight" checks, but it's so windy and dusty now, I can't see where I'm going if I'm shredding with the wind. I don't think I've refilled the reservoir more than two or three times in the seven years I've owned the tractor. I got the new reservoir yesterday.
The new kit only has one pump on it, but I should be able to mount the second one using the old grommets, and I'll try to remember to post about the install when I have time to get it done. Thanks again. Gary

gwtx

Sep 26, 2016
NEAR Goliad, TX
Duhh,,,,Thanks guys. I didn't know it had a washer on the rear window :rolleyes: I seldom use the washers. I just spray the "barn dust" off as part of my "pre-flight" checks, but it's so windy and dusty now, I can't see where I'm going if I'm shredding with the wind. I don't think I've refilled the reservoir more than two or three times in the seven years I've owned the tractor. I got the new reservoir yesterday.
The new kit only has one pump on it, but I should be able to mount the second one using the old grommets, and I'll try to remember to post about the install when I have time to get it done. Thanks again. Gary
Well, there is no washer/wiper on my rear window. I have no idea where the other tubing goes. I hooked up the pump(one) on the new kit and it pumps/squirts the windshield. If I put a little air pressure on the other tube, it feels like it is open ended. Maybe they install the ''dual" system whether or not it is called for ??? Maybe they just like to aggravate old farmers and ranchers (as if we don't have enough aggravate us already) The electrical plug is same as the oem, so no re wiring there, and the tank is more stout than the oem, but probably still UV degradeable poly ethylene, and will crumble someday.
My tractor is kept inside, and we don't normally have as much 100+ weather as we are having this year. I do shredd over "hog riddled" pastures quite a bit, so it takes a beating. Only reason I'm posting is so I have an excuse to stay inside a bit longer :)

gwtx

Sep 26, 2016
NEAR Goliad, TX
Got it done. Looked at a parts diagram on Messicks and it shows the second pump and tubing for the rear window, but no nozzle or wiper. Guess that's added at the dealer if you can afford it. The kit is a universal "add on" kit and is pretty decent for the price. The main selling point was the nice mounting bracket that came with it,,METAL not plastic.
Thanks for the input.

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
Thanks for the links for those parts and sharing your experience.
I had the lid fall apart. Can't get just a lid.....had a local guy 3D print me one.
Then a pump went..... luckily a universal washer pump worked, I think I had to add some goop to the grommet though. Then the tank cracked. So I fiberglassed it, and its still holding together.