M7040 injection pump return check valve

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
In my area a major storm is coming and because my wife is very ill, I was readying the M7040 and blower so I could keep our lane open for medical supplies or an ambulance.

I backed the tractor out of its storage location and was getting ready to drive it into my heated work shop. When I got out of the cab to open the shop door I noticed large quantities of a clear liquid dripping unto the ground from between the rear of the engine and the fire wall. The loader made it impossible to see but I feared something major happened to the steering valve.

When I got the loader off and was able to see, I noticed a fuel line leaving the injection pump had separated from a plastic check valve and fuel was pouring out.

The check valve had no raised portion on its nipples to help the wire clamp hold it in place.

The check valve and inside of the rubber fuel line were cleaned with brake clean and a much more robust spring type hose clamp was installed.

Owners of similar machines may wish to review the condition of the clamps and check valve and avoid a bad scare.

Dave

forum M7040 injection return check valve.jpg

Reactions: 1 user