M7040 3 pt. lift arms

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
Maybe "North Idaho Wolfman" will see this and can help. When I put my MX 8 John Deere bush hog on this tractor (1800lbs.) the arms only come half way UP. My dealer tells me this model had a problem doing this. It is the same with my plows on also.

I will try to put a photo on. I was told if I take out Pin #050 it would help/ That is my Question

Attachments

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I don't see why your tractor can't lift a 8' cutter. I have a 3008 Bushhog and my 9000 doesn't even know it's there. Mine has the heavy rear axle and hydraulics so it probably weighs around 2k give or take.

Where is your draft control set?

Could also be the feedback rod is out of adjustment.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea I'm with bulldog, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to lift that little of weight as the three point is rated at 4200lbs at the ends and 3307lbs at "24" back.

I don't under stand how removing a pin from the draft control feed back could effect weight lift???

Do you have the WSM, if not I'll send you a link for a download, it has all of the testing and adjustment procedure for the draft and three point controls.

If I was taking a shot at why it wont lift weight, I would think bad cylinder seals, low pressure, mis-adjusted linkage in either the 3 point feedback or the draft control linkage. ;)

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
If I was taking a shot at why it wont lift weight, I would think bad cylinder seals, low pressure, mis-adjusted linkage in either the 3 point feedback or the draft control linkage. ;)
I'll add to what NIW stated weak relief valve which causes the low pressure he mentioned. My M7040 will pick up my JD 709 which extends farther behind tractor than a 8 ft cutter and it weighs 1150#.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I'm curious on this one. I don't know about you guys but this is not a issue I've heard about before. Sounds like his dealer acts like it's a common problem. Seems like as many 7040 owners as we have it would have been discussed and worked out already.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
I'm curious on this one. I don't know about you guys but this is not a issue I've heard about before. Sounds like his dealer acts like it's a common problem. Seems like as many 7040 owners as we have it would have been discussed and worked out already.
Agreed.

Well, kind of a worthless post by me but I thought I'd add some validity.

Might be time to contact Kubota customer service.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
GWD, what's the heaviest 3pt implement you use? I'm sure since you didn't mention it you've never had any issue with your tractor.

It wasn't mentioned but I assume it works without a load so it makes me thing it has something to do with the draft control. Course you know what they say about "assume".

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
GWD, what's the heaviest 3pt implement you use? I'm sure since you didn't mention it you've never had any issue with your tractor.

It wasn't mentioned but I assume it works without a load so it makes me thing it has something to do with the draft control. Course you know what they say about "assume".
I'd say my LandPride RCR2596 (1380 lbs.) mower puts the most stress on the 3PH since it sticks out so far to the rear. The Howse 7 1/2' disc weighs 1097 lbs. but doesn't extend as far. But other hefty attachments don't seem to give the 3PH any problem at all.

The draft control works by compression of the top link so that as the problem doesn't make sense. However, the system could be malfunctioning somehow. But it would tend to lower the implement and the OP doesn't mention this as the problem.

The OP sent me a PM sometime back about the problem and I asked some questions but he never responded. One was, "Does the 3PH work normally without a load or with other implements." (As you implied above.)

Attachments

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
Thank you to Wolfman & everyone else on this problem. I have look at the link WSM m7040 and found about the relief value ( page 8-S8 to 10). I need to lengthen this. I will play with this in the spring as all I do now is push snow this time of year.

I have own over 40 tractors in my day but never had a dealer screw me over this bad!!!
Again , thanks to all.

Dave