M5100 Clutch Failure

Vlodko

May 8, 2015
Rock Creek,BC, Canada
I own a 2013 M5100 Kubota Tractor with a factory loader. At 190 hours my clutch was burned out. My dealer's first question was: "Do you ride the clutch?". I AM 69 years old and have operated tractors since age 12 and have owned and operated standard shift vehicles since the age of 16. I do not ride the clutch and have never burned one out before.

I have been on various forum sites and although Kubota has not acknowledged this as a problem. Has anyone else had a premature clutch problem? It seems that their response to date has been that Clutches are a wear item and as such not covered by warranty. That would be understandable if the clutch was of an age where normal wear was an issue

Many thanks as your input could help me in getting satisfaction from Kubota and be helpful to others.

Vlodko

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I guess the warranty would cover it if there was a defect or something broke. Other wise you don't really have a way to prove it wasn't your fault. Have or did you ever check the clutch adjustment?

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
Normally you'd have to try real hard to burn out the clutch at that many hours of operation. Would think you'd get a couple thousand hours before wearing out the clutch. I do a fair amount of forward/backward operations, but use my hydraulic shuttle to accomplish that, keeping the clutch out of the equation some of the time. Good luck with Kubota and the dealer.