M4-071 FEL Capacity

Borane4

Equipment
M4-071
Dec 16, 2020
Texas
I hope y'all can help with a question. I tried to lift 2500lbs with my M4-071 with an 1153 FEL and the load lightened but would not lift off the ground. The back end of the tractor did not come up, the load just failed to rise. The specs state that the tractor should lift 2928 lb (bucket pivot pin, max height) and its in the Power Position. The load was very wide (48") and right up against the SSQA plate. What can I realistically expect this thing to lift?

The dealer told me to buy an M5...helpful advice :rolleyes:

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
We use a M5660 with the same loader to lift and double stack 1 ton skids of ECO wood bricks and we keep a 1500lb ballast box on the back 3pt while lifting them. The loader will unload flatbed trailers of the bricks but we can tell it's pretty much at it's upper limit doing so. Keep in mind you need to factor in the weight of the forks and also where the actual center of the load is. I think you're asking a bit much trying to lift the 2500lbs in my opinion. Our's also has the rear tires filled and cast wheels and weights.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Maine Farmer

Equipment
M6040, m6800, IH 1066 hydro, jd3020
Sep 5, 2021
Maine
Step #1 are the main loader cylinders pined into the bottom holes for the power setting? there are two holes one higher up for max Lift hight. Bottom hole for max lift capacity. Step #2 do you have the idle/throttle up to at-least 1200 rpm for max hydraulic pressure from the pump? Step #3 make sure you didn’t accidentally stick a rear hydraulic remote on, the ones with de-dents can stay on and cause a hydraulic by pass. Step #4 it’s not uncommon to have the loader control hydraulic bypass set too low from the factory and need to be turned up to the stock 2700 psi setting, dealer can check easily. Or you can get a gauge and do your self. Step #5 check hydraulic fluid level, had dealers drop of tractors with too low of fluids too….

Borane4

Equipment
M4-071
Dec 16, 2020
Texas
Step #1 are ....
Of all 5 questions the only one I have not confirmed or checked is #4 the bypass pressure. Is it easily measured? The dealer is no help and is a weenie - immediately reacting to any challenge of his authoritative knowledge of nearly anything by telling the customer they are wrong. He actually accused me of stealing his ring of keys when I drove the tractor in his lot. They cannot all be good I guess,,,,