M125x hard power steering at low rpm

Farmer-j

Equipment
M125x
May 19, 2024
Canada
CAUTION: this advice assumes there is a relief in or somewhere upstream of the steering motor. I do not have a WSM for thIs tractor so verify before attempting this test

Ditch the tee and connect gauge directly to L port. As soon as you turn the wheel left the port pressure will max out against the relief valve. Only hold the wheel left long enough to get a pressure reading. This number is the relief valve cracking pressure.

If the number you get with this test is higher than the previous numbers you are leaking pressure downstream of the steering motor.

Dan
Thanks, I will try this method tonight

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Is anybody able to explain the fluid flow through the this entire circuit? Hydraulic pump discharge ties directly to the top of the regulator valve but I don't fully understand how the fluid flows through the different spools within this regulator valve to end up at the steeering motor. Understanding this flow would really help me identfy where the problem might be
In Kubota speak that is usually a priority flow divider. A fixed portion of input flow goes to PS and any excess to other side.

Need to see a WSM to be more specific.

Dan

Farmer-j

Equipment
M125x
May 19, 2024
Canada
In Kubota speak that is usually a priority flow divider. A fixed portion of input flow goes to PS and any excess to other side.

Need to see a WSM to be more specific.

Dan
My understanding is that the flow divider gives priority to the power steering and excess goes to lubrication lines to pto and clutches. If this flow divider spool is sticking causing extra flow to go to the lubrication circuit, can i temperarily plug these lines off leaving the regulator valve to see if the steering issue improves? Or is there a better way to test that this flow divider is functioning properly ?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
My understanding is that the flow divider gives priority to the power steering and excess goes to lubrication lines to pto and clutches. If this flow divider spool is sticking causing extra flow to go to the lubrication circuit, can i temperarily plug these lines off leaving the regulator valve to see if the steering issue improves? Or is there a better way to test that this flow divider is functioning properly ?
I would not block the excess port.

Can I ask why this is such a
concern? Seems like its the nature of these designs and increasing RPM is a simple "workaround".

Dan

Farmer-j

Equipment
M125x
May 19, 2024
Canada
The concern is to get the tractor back to proper function, with it being a loader tractor its nice to be able to pick a bale and turn in feed yards without having the engine rev'd out.
Yes setting the hand throttle over 1000rpm helps with a work around but I'd like to try to solve the root of the problem

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The concern is to get the tractor back to proper function, with it being a loader tractor its nice to be able to pick a bale and turn in feed yards without having the engine rev'd out.
Yes setting the hand throttle over 1000rpm helps with a work around but I'd like to try to solve the root of the problem
My point is it may just be the nature of the beast.