Lx3310 at dealer again 5th time

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Years ago a friend was the service manager at a Mercedes Benz dealership and I had my car in for service. While I was standing next to him and talking to the local factory rep, the technician came up to him and said that the part on the car he was working on was not in stock and it was back ordered according to the parts department. He instructed the technician to go up to the second floor where excess new cars were stored and take the part off the new car that was the same series as that car. The factory rep told him, "You can't do that to a new car". He quietly told the rep, that he could stay around to tell the customer that his car wasn't ready and there was no way to tell him how long it would take to get the part. The factory rep walked away got into his car and left.
This is how they dealt with back-ordered parts, and when the part came back in stock it was put on the new car. Customers were very happy that their cars were always serviced and done when they arrived to pick them up. He commented to me, that if you can't service what you sell, then you can't keep the buyers happy. Unhappy customers are not repeat customers. That is a lesson that a lot of dealers never learned.

Reactions: 1 user

scottparrish

Equipment
LX3310 hst, Pete’s quick hitch, tiller, boxblade, grapple, rake,
May 4, 2024
Parrottsville TN
Years ago a friend was the service manager at a Mercedes Benz dealership and I had my car in for service. While I was standing next to him and talking to the local factory rep, the technician came up to him and said that the part on the car he was working on was not in stock and it was back ordered according to the parts department. He instructed the technician to go up to the second floor where excess new cars were stored and take the part off the new car that was the same series as that car. The factory rep told him, "You can't do that to a new car". He quietly told the rep, that he could stay around to tell the customer that his car wasn't ready and there was no way to tell him how long it would take to get the part. The factory rep walked away got into his car and left.
This is how they dealt with back-ordered parts, and when the part came back in stock it was put on the new car. Customers were very happy that their cars were always serviced and done when they arrived to pick them up. He commented to me, that if you can't service what you sell, then you can't keep the buyers happy. Unhappy customers are not repeat customers. That is a lesson that a lot of dealers never learned.
Yes a very good life lesson.
in about a year I will be upgrading my tractor.
John Deere is just as close as kubota.
I think it will be very hard for me to trust kubota after my bad experience with my very first tractor. I bought it new since I figured I would enjoy years of tractoring without fear of something breaking and me not knowing how to fix it. Instead a lot of stuff breaking and a lot of down time and aggravation.
I can’t say I am now an expert but I have learned it is rough trying to farm on a small scale. It should be mandatory training for everyone in the U.S to see the amount of work that goes into working land, animals, fencing, vehicle maintenance property maintenance outbuilding storage, diy vet care, a lot of Mcguyvering.

scottparrish

Equipment
LX3310 hst, Pete’s quick hitch, tiller, boxblade, grapple, rake,
May 4, 2024
Parrottsville TN
Looks and sounds like an engine issue to me. You showed us behavior in different HST speed ranges. You did not show us neutral. When its hot will the engine speed stay at max with range in neutral and HST pedal depressed?

Dan
replacing injectors and manifold I think they said and I stopped listening as she was rattling off a long list of stuff they were doing. It’s a “campaign” of some kind. I don’t know if that’s a word used leading up to class action in the future.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I experienced EXACTLY the opposite,.....with a Peugeot 504 diesel ,....many years ago.
Car was down for ten days, and dealer would not take starter off a new car on the lot.
Of course,....the primary problem here was that I bought a FRENCH car!
Friend told me later:
George; there are two things in life that you never do:
"Don't buy French Machinery, or Mexican wine".
I have followed that excellent advice for exactly 50 years to date!

• Love

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I experienced EXACTLY the opposite,.....with a Peugeot 504 diesel ,....many years ago.
Car was down for ten days, and dealer would not take starter off a new car on the lot.
Of course,....the primary problem here was that I bought a FRENCH car!
Friend told me later:
George; there are two things in life that you never do:
"Don't buy French Machinery, or Mexican wine".
I have followed that excellent advice for exactly 50 years to date!
You can include Italian-made cars in that list. Back in the late 1960s I had a Fiat, and it was next to impossible to get parts or service on that car. Fiat means "Fix it Again Tony". I sold the car to a doctor that was confident that he could find a rear bumper for a 1969 Fiat. He installed a 2x4 for a bumper and when I left the area in 1973 he was still driving around with his wooden bumper.
My only experience with "French" was a girlfriend who was born and raised in France during the war. She married a soldier so she could come to the US and divorced him once she got her US citizenship. The relationship was great when she wasn't angry about something, and then watch out, because she could spew out her anger in French words I never understood.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You can include Italian-made cars in that list. Back in the late 1960s I had a Fiat, and it was next to impossible to get parts or service on that car. Fiat means "Fix it Again Tony". I sold the car to a doctor that was confident that he could find a rear bumper for a 1969 Fiat. He installed a 2x4 for a bumper and when I left the area in 1973 he was still driving around with his wooden bumper.
My only experience with "French" was a girlfriend who was born and raised in France during the war. She married a soldier so she could come to the US and divorced him once she got her US citizenship. The relationship was great when she wasn't angry about something, and then watch out, because she could spew out her anger in French words I never understood.
We have more in common than I realized!
After my divorce (27 years ago), I had a French girlfriend.
I was 57 at the time, she was 45, and adorable, ....but already twice divorced.

She stayed with me for 20 months, but dumped me for a Jewish endodontist (he made a lot more money).
She wanted to get married (she told me: "I need security".
She later met a Jewish CPA, but he was not divorced, and was apparently dragging his feet.

Then she married a Florida charter boat captain (he must have had family money)
I know that they are now divorced.

I do know that I dodged a bullet,...but oh she was SO CUTE, and SO HOT!
When I wind up in a nursing home, I will still have those WONDERFUL memories.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
This thread reminds me of the story about some U.N. emissaries who were discussing what it’d be like if the U.N. managed Heaven and Hell.

They decided that if that were the case….
….that in HEAVEN:

The Swiss would be the Administrators.
The French would be the Chefs.
The Germans would be the auto-mechanics.
The Italians would be the Lovers.
and
The British would be the Police.

And in HELL:

The French would be the Administrators.
The British would be the Chefs.
The Italians would be the auto-mechanics
The Swiss would be the Lovers
and
The Germans would be the Police.