Lx2620 starting issue

Orangeandbeautiful

New member

Equipment
Lx2620 cab
Jul 10, 2024
10
4
3
Mohnton,pa
Well I have a 120ish hour 2620 that won’t start. Checked the fuses and the battery all good. Lights come on heater radio etc but doesn’t even try turning over , a bit new to electrical issues as I was hoping to not have to do anything for a few years fixing wise but wanted to ask the next few steps, thanks all
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
12,968
7,349
113
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Well I have a 120ish hour 2620 that won’t start. Checked the fuses and the battery all good. Lights come on heater radio etc but doesn’t even try turning over , a bit new to electrical issues as I was hoping to not have to do anything for a few years fixing wise but wanted to ask the next few steps, thanks all
The first thing to check on all these tractors is the safety interlocks. Many of these no start problems are as simple as that. Buy, beg, borrow, or steal a WSM.

Dan
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
12,968
7,349
113
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Wsm? Also it a hydro so no clutch, don’t have a seatbelt or pto ingage issue
WSM = workshop manual.

I am sure that tractor has multiple safety interlocks inckuding an operators presence system of some sort. The WSM will hsve the details and trouble shooting procedures.

Dan
 
Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,480
11,268
113
Sandpoint, ID
Sit on the tractor, with the key held in the cranking position.
Rock the forward reverse pedal.
Engage and disengage the pto
If none of that works, get the WSM and go though it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Well-known member

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
15,966
5,691
113
SW Pa
Were I a betting man I would say to check the PTO lever make sure its not locked in the on position thats if its like the BX and B
 

mehma

New member

Equipment
heavy equipment
Sep 17, 2026
5
1
3
United States
Well I have a 120ish hour 2620 that won’t start. Checked the fuses and the battery all good. Lights come on heater radio etc but doesn’t even try turning over , a bit new to electrical issues as I was hoping to not have to do anything for a few years fixing wise but wanted to ask the next few steps, thanks all
If it has power to the lights, heater, and radio but the starter doesn’t even click, I’d start with the simple interlock checks. Make sure it’s firmly in neutral, PTO is disengaged, and any clutch/brake safety switches are satisfied. Then check whether you’re getting power to the starter solenoid when the key is turned to START. If there’s power there but no response, the solenoid/starter or its ground connection would be worth checking. Also inspect the battery terminals and main ground cables even if the battery itself tests good.
 

mehma

New member

Equipment
heavy equipment
Sep 17, 2026
5
1
3
United States
Were I a betting man I would say to check the PTO lever make sure its not locked in the on position thats if its like the BX and B
I’d definitely check the PTO lever first. If the 2620 has a similar safety interlock to the BX/B series, having the PTO engaged could prevent the engine from cranking. Easy thing to rule out before digging into the electrical system.