LX2610 vs. L2502 + Pricing

IndyAlex

Sep 27, 2023
Indiana
Hello, fellow OTT members. Seeking advice on what route to go. We are looking at purchasing our first Kubota capable of taking care of 10 acres. We've narrowed our search to the LX2610 with a cab or the L2502 open station. The property consists of:
  • 2 acres of wooded land around the property
  • 2 acres are currently being tilled
  • 6 acres of open area with tall grass, weeds, wild flowers, saplings, etc...will need to be bush-hogged until we decide how much grass to grow around the house.
    • Probably won't need to worry about mowing for a little while.
  • 1,500 feet of gravel drive to maintain - grade, add/move gravel, and snow removal.
We will be purchasing a box blade and bush hog off of the bat. I'm very much sold on having a tractor with a cab, so we're leaning toward the LX2610. The wife doesn't seem to care as much and is fine with either.

L2502 Pricing
  • L2502HST
  • 66" Front loader with quick attach bucket
  • R14 filled tires
  • Brush guard kit
  • 3rd function valve
  • Rear quick hitch
  • BB1566 (Box Blade)
  • RCF2060 (Rotary Cutter)
$31,185 + tax​

LX2610 Pricing
  • LX2610HSDC
  • 60" Front loader with quick attach
  • R14 filled tires
  • Brush guard kit
  • 3rd function valve
  • Rear quick hitch
  • BB1560 (Box Blade)
$36,000 + tax​

Last edited:

WE349a

Sep 6, 2023
California
Cab obviously narrows it down to the LX. Take a look at the new LX2620 as well.

I just got the L2502 and love it. I would look into getting the BB2566/60 box blade for added ballast out back. I haven’t yet filled my tires but it definitely needs more ballast with the decomposing granite I move around. Sometimes while digging, I lift the back end off the ground. I’ll be adding tire fill next week.

I chose the L2502 simply because its beefier than the LX. I don’t need a cab so the choice for me was easier. Both are excellent choices.

Reactions: 2 users

IndyAlex

Sep 27, 2023
Indiana
Cab obviously narrows it down to the LX. Take a look at the new LX2620 as well.

I just got the L2502 and love it. I would look into getting the BB2566/60 box blade for added ballast out back. I haven’t yet filled my tires but it definitely needs more ballast with the decomposing granite I move around. Sometimes while digging, I lift the back end off the ground. I’ll be adding tire fill next week.

I chose the L2502 simply because its beefier than the LX. I don’t need a cab so the choice for me was easier. Both are excellent choices.
I had no idea the LX2620 was starting to hit dealer lots. I'd be curious to know how much more the LX2620 would be over the LX2610. Maybe we'll start to see dealers offering bigger discounts on the outgoing LX2610's?

Thank you for calling out the upgrade to the BB2566/60 box. I've jotted that down in my notes. I'm not writing off the L2502 yet. ;)

WE349a

Sep 6, 2023
California
I had no idea the LX2620 was starting to hit dealer lots. I'd be curious to know how much more the LX2620 would be over the LX2610. Maybe we'll start to see dealers offering bigger discounts on the outgoing LX2610's?

Thank you for calling out the upgrade to the BB2566/60 box. I've jotted that down in my notes. I'm not writing off the L2502 yet. ;)
I’m unsure when the 2620’s hit the showrooms, I would guess it’s imminent. Messicks mentions them in his 3520/4020 video. But maybe its a 2024 thing…
I love my 2502! Whichever you decide on, make sure your dealer fills the front axle on the PDI. Mine took 3.5 quarts after delivery!

Reactions: 1 users

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Just my $.02.... I am in Mid-Michigan I also have 10 acres but 5 of it is heavily wooded. about 2 is mowed grass. the remaining is open field that I let the dairy farmer down the road bale so I don't have to cut it.
That said my usage is different for example my drive is blacktop and only 300' long. I got the open station LX2610 for 2 main reasons 1) I did not want a cab as it would just get banged up in the woods. (Also this is my 2nd tractor I had sold my B7510 before I got the LX a couple of years ago) For me a Std L like the L2501/L2502 are too wide to fit between some of the places I need to get into. My LX is a challenge to get around in some places but I needed the bigger loader lift capacity over the B7510. 2). I wanted to stay under the 26hp threshold to avoid having the exhaust aftertreatment devices. 20Hp on the PTO is enough to run my stump grinder and that's the one implement that requires the most PTO power.
Consider when you get the tractor getting at least 1 rear remote (I have 2 and have used them more than I thought I would.
I have the larger 15-19.5 R4 tires (same size that comes on the L2502) loaded with RimGuard. I have no problems with traction in fact most of the time plowing snow it's in 2wd. I chose R4's because of the thicker sidewalls my fear was sticks/stumps catching and cutting a sidewall. The R14's also bulge out more than the R4's do.
If your doing much in the woods consider getting a grapple LandPride has a good one that you could add into the deal with the tractor. If your not concerned about the financing consider the Everything Attachments 55" grapple. The key reason I got it instead of the LandPride one is the serrations on the tines of the back and the lid. It to me helps hold the logs in the grapple when you have a load with lots of smaller branches or 2-3 logs that might otherwise slide out.
I have the Kubota not the LandPride 3rd function. I like it because it has rigid lines along the loader boom. Some folks do not like that the hose from the valve to the hard line is on the outside of the loader boom but I have never had an issue where that was in the way or at risk of getting caught on something. Also I like the 3rd function control knob much better on the Kubota kit.
Last point is my tractor with the loaded tires, a 60" bucket, a quick hitch and 6' back blade weights 3,555 pounds full of fuel but no operator.

Hopefully this is helpful to you

Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day.

I guess my questions are how select the 2 choices (price cap? Weight min or max, is there some amount you want to be able to lift / move? ). They seem dis similar in significant ways to me (ie either want a Mid PTO or not, want a cab or not, etc). Any future uses not considered? Planning for more land later? Or animals, etc? Those are sort of my thoughts to try to decide between the two.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
The LX2610's HST is pretty loud. Drive both and see what you think. Either tractor will work. I'm assuming you plan to put a grapple on the front.

If you are, the L is quite a bit heavier than a LX open station. The LX cab is probably near the same weight. The center of gravity is quite a bit higher on LX cab tractor compared to a L open station.

5K will buy a lot of implements or fuel.

Reactions: 1 user

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I have a LX2610 HSDC and love it. Never too hot to mow out and can blow snow in my underwear. The LX has the option for a mid-PTO which I don't think the L has(not sure). My big complaint with the cab version is no storage options(also have the Backhoe).

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I have a LX2610 HSDC and love it. Never too hot to mow out and can blow snow in my underwear. The LX has the option for a mid-PTO which I don't think the L has(not sure). My big complaint with the cab version is no storage options(also have the Backhoe).
Me too. Except I don't have a BH.

The cab is a HUGE factor. If you're working in really hot temps, really cold temps, or have mosquitos, a cab is it. It's an entirely different machine than an open station.

Open station is like a ATV. Better visability. In with nature.
A cab is like an AC and heater mini domicile (home). Home on a tractor. The added plus is the mid PTO.

Where I live, in NW Wisconsin, I wouldn't have a tractor without a cab.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
You don’t mention price as being a significant consideration. If you want a cab (and a bonus mid PTO) the LX will get you a more well appointed machine for less than $5k more (about 15% more). That probably wouldn’t bother me too much, especially if heat/AC is desirable and not much work is being done around trees (where a cab can be a hinderance).

The Land Pride RCR 20 series “looks” light duty (due to the smooth top). You might compare it to the RCR 18 series, which LP still says is light duty, but it’s “looks” (to me) to be more ruggedly constructed than the RCR 20 series. The specs are about the same in both, in fact the 2060 weights 21 lbs (3.5%) more than the 1860, so maybe looks are deceiving. Whatever you get, be sure to get the replaceable skid shoes on it. My 1860 has served me well. On the second gear box and a pretty decent amount of cracked welding repair recently. I had to patch it up a few years back after I wore out the non-replaceable skids. It has them now. I’m pretty tough on it in the woods.

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Hello, fellow OTT members. Seeking advice on what route to go. We are looking at purchasing our first Kubota capable of taking care of 10 acres. We've narrowed our search to the LX2610 with a cab or the L2502 open station. The property consists of:
  • 2 acres of wooded land around the property
  • 2 acres are currently being tilled
  • 6 acres of open area with tall grass, weeds, wild flowers, saplings, etc...will need to be bush-hogged until we decide how much grass to grow around the house.
    • Probably won't need to worry about mowing for a little while.
  • 1,500 feet of gravel drive to maintain - grade, add/move gravel, and snow removal.
We will be purchasing a box blade and bush hog off of the bat. I'm very much sold on having a tractor with a cab, so we're leaning toward the LX2610. The wife doesn't seem to care as much and is fine with either.

L2502 Pricing
  • L2502HST
  • 66" Front loader with quick attach bucket
  • R14 filled tires
  • Brush guard kit
  • 3rd function valve
  • Rear quick hitch
  • BB1566 (Box Blade)
$31,185 + tax​

LX2610 Pricing
  • LX2610HSDC
  • 60" Front loader with quick attach
  • R14 filled tires
  • Brush guard kit
  • 3rd function valve
  • Rear quick hitch
  • BB1560 (Box Blade)
$36,000 + tax​
Alex, you accidently forgot to add forks and Backhoe to your 2502 list.

1695896022251.png

Just Sayin,

Paul

• Haha

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
You don’t mention price as being a significant consideration. If you want a cab (and a bonus mid PTO) the LX will get you a more well appointed machine for less than $5k more (about 15% more). That probably wouldn’t bother me too much, especially if heat/AC is desirable and not much work is being done around trees (where a cab can be a hinderance).

The Land Pride RCR 20 series “looks” light duty (due to the smooth top). You might compare it to the RCR 18 series, which LP still says is light duty, but it’s “looks” (to me) to be more ruggedly constructed than the RCR 20 series. The specs are about the same in both, in fact the 2060 weights 21 lbs (3.5%) more than the 1860, so maybe looks are deceiving. Whatever you get, be sure to get the replaceable skid shoes on it. My 1860 has served me well. On the second gear box and a pretty decent amount of cracked welding repair recently. I had to patch it up a few years back after I wore out the non-replaceable skids. It has them now. I’m pretty tough on it in the woods.
The RCR 20 series is he same as the RCR 18s except they have the smooth top. The smooth top looks better (personal taste), and it is easier to keep clean (less chaff collects on top). The RCR 20 is more expensive.

I have an RCR 1860 too, and it is a rugged mower (well, medium duty). I would suggest to the OP to get the slip clutch versus the shear bolt. I much prefer slipping the clutch yearly on a day of my choosing (a cool clear spring day) than potentially having to replace a bolt on hot summer day in the middle of mowing.

lmpres

Equipment
lx2610
Jul 3, 2020
New Hampshire
Ive had an LX2610 open station for 3 years. Love it. Have found my grapple my biggest go to attachement.....

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
How do you plan on removing snow? 1500 feet is a long ways to try and use the bucket. Do you actually plan on doing any work in your 2 acres of woods? If so and are careful, a cab shouldn’t be a problem. 2 acres isn’t that much wood land. Does your wife plan on operating the tractor? Or just approving the purchase. If operating, then make sure she gets a chance to drive each one at the dealer.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I have acres of deep woods and wild forest. I have a tractor with a cab. It's not an issue because I'm mindfull of clearances.
The benefits of a cab far out-weight the clearance issue. IMO.

Brush hogging near a swamp on my property with mosquito hordes.... no problem.

Clearing snow from the driveway while it's 15 below zero outside.... no problem. I've done it wearing a T shirt.

Moving dirt or firewood while it's 100 degrees and humid.... no problem. AC on.

I can't stress enough the value of a cab.

That being said. The L2501 / L2502 is an excellent machine. If the elements aren't an issue, or you are young and gung ho. Go for it.

IndyAlex

Sep 27, 2023
Indiana
Just my $.02.... I am in Mid-Michigan I also have 10 acres but 5 of it is heavily wooded. about 2 is mowed grass. the remaining is open field that I let the dairy farmer down the road bale so I don't have to cut it.
That said my usage is different for example my drive is blacktop and only 300' long. I got the open station LX2610 for 2 main reasons 1) I did not want a cab as it would just get banged up in the woods. (Also this is my 2nd tractor I had sold my B7510 before I got the LX a couple of years ago) For me a Std L like the L2501/L2502 are too wide to fit between some of the places I need to get into. My LX is a challenge to get around in some places but I needed the bigger loader lift capacity over the B7510. 2). I wanted to stay under the 26hp threshold to avoid having the exhaust aftertreatment devices. 20Hp on the PTO is enough to run my stump grinder and that's the one implement that requires the most PTO power.
Consider when you get the tractor getting at least 1 rear remote (I have 2 and have used them more than I thought I would.
I have the larger 15-19.5 R4 tires (same size that comes on the L2502) loaded with RimGuard. I have no problems with traction in fact most of the time plowing snow it's in 2wd. I chose R4's because of the thicker sidewalls my fear was sticks/stumps catching and cutting a sidewall. The R14's also bulge out more than the R4's do.
If your doing much in the woods consider getting a grapple LandPride has a good one that you could add into the deal with the tractor. If your not concerned about the financing consider the Everything Attachments 55" grapple. The key reason I got it instead of the LandPride one is the serrations on the tines of the back and the lid. It to me helps hold the logs in the grapple when you have a load with lots of smaller branches or 2-3 logs that might otherwise slide out.
I have the Kubota not the LandPride 3rd function. I like it because it has rigid lines along the loader boom. Some folks do not like that the hose from the valve to the hard line is on the outside of the loader boom but I have never had an issue where that was in the way or at risk of getting caught on something. Also I like the 3rd function control knob much better on the Kubota kit.
Last point is my tractor with the loaded tires, a 60" bucket, a quick hitch and 6' back blade weights 3,555 pounds full of fuel but no operator.

Hopefully this is helpful to you
Very helpful, thank you!

Good day.

I guess my questions are how select the 2 choices (price cap? Weight min or max, is there some amount you want to be able to lift / move? ). They seem dis similar in significant ways to me (ie either want a Mid PTO or not, want a cab or not, etc). Any future uses not considered? Planning for more land later? Or animals, etc? Those are sort of my thoughts to try to decide between the two.

I'm weighing the difference in price vs. capability vs. comfort. Given that we only have a few acres of wooded area, I'm not too concerned about having to get around with a cab. I'm more concerned about the versatility of being able to use different implements.

The mid-PTO would be nice to have but not a requirement for me. I would much rather have a cab than the mid-PTO. I can always get a pull-behind finish mower.

How do you plan on removing snow? 1500 feet is a long ways to try and use the bucket. Do you actually plan on doing any work in your 2 acres of woods? If so and are careful, a cab shouldn’t be a problem. 2 acres isn’t that much wood land. Does your wife plan on operating the tractor? Or just approving the purchase. If operating, then make sure she gets a chance to drive each one at the dealer.
I plan to use an angle blade on the front with the 3rd function. I can foresee my wife using the tractor sparingly. Maybe to help bush hog or move snow if I'm busy or away.

I have acres of deep woods and wild forest. I have a tractor with a cab. It's not an issue because I'm mindfull of clearances.
The benefits of a cab far out-weight the clearance issue. IMO.

Brush hogging near a swamp on my property with mosquito hordes.... no problem.

Clearing snow from the driveway while it's 15 below zero outside.... no problem. I've done it wearing a T shirt.

Moving dirt or firewood while it's 100 degrees and humid.... no problem. AC on.

I can't stress enough the value of a cab.

That being said. The L2501 / L2502 is an excellent machine. If the elements aren't an issue, or you are young and gung ho. Go for it.
Thank you for sharing your experience. This is exactly why I'm leaning towards a cab. I'm still young but would rather not get stung by yellow jackets or be bothered by mosquitos.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
If not sure you could always buy both 🤪. Nothing wrong with a pair.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
FYI, the LX, for which a can is available, included the mid PTO. The L2502 will have neither.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
FYI, the LX, for which a can is available, included the mid PTO. The L2502 will have neither.
Yep. And a mid PTO is your keyway into getting a front snow blower. That is huge!

I'd wish I'd bought a front snow blower when I bought my LX2610 at zero APR...

A mid mount mower means nothing to me. I have a cheap Craftsman lawn tractor for that. Less hassle all the way. For the trails in the forest I use a rear rotary cutter.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I bought the 63" snowblower when I got the tractor, wish I would have gotten the broom too. As it works good at getting gravel off of grass or dethatching the lawn. As for a cheap lawn mower, no way I like sitting in the A/C mowing the damn grass, but I mow a few acres that is hilly. As for the cab and woods, all my woods are on a hill, Can take it up a few logging trails