LX2610 Suspension Seat Mod

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I've got a LX2610 Cab model and I'd like to modify the suspension seat on my tractor. I'm 6'3" and although I am not overweight, I weigh about 230 lbs. I sit in the tractor and even at maximum setting the seat compresses down to the stops. I think Kubota designed it for Japanese rice farmers, thin farm girls, or small cowboys. I haven't taken it apart to see how it's designed but I'd like to put in a larger spring or springs in it so that it is more useful to me as a suspension seat. Instead of just a seat that floats up following my butt over the bumps. Just to drop me back down to the stops abruptly.
Anyone with ideas or experience with this undertaking would save me some time searching the web. And would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not at my property right now so I can't send pics and I honestly don't know what I'm dealing with design wise.

I'm assuming it's a coil spring, that I can simply replace with another spring with a higher rating.

Thanks

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Since this isn't something folks commonlly disassemble,much less develop tricks to alter you might have to wing this one. Meanwhile I'd suggest you do what I did. Replace foam in seat with the firmest foam you can find. A piece of gym mat feels just right to my 240 pound caboose.

Reactions: 1 user

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
If you do take it apart please post pictures. Have a extra heated seat grid that needs to go somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user

LFP57

Equipment
LX2610 Land pride QH 10, BB1560, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, Top n Tilt, Wicked T
Sep 21, 2021
Michigan
I'm the same height as you are and I'm struggling with the same issue with the seat height, I had removed the seat to see what work would be needed to change the mount to raise the seat height, it was not difficult to remove, in the end, I just went to a local foam supplier and purchased a dense piece of 6 inch foam ( they had foam from 2 inches up to 6 inches), it worked out well and made operating the pedals mush easier for me.