LX 2610 Service

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
In the OP's defense, I own a LX2610. The owners manual is almost good for the basics. But, other than that, it is campfire starting paper. More than 10% of it is dedicated to safety and liability stuff. It's pretty bad.

I don't own an official "Service or Repair Manual" and I have considered buying or downloading one. But if it's anything like the Owners Manual I'm sure that it's more campfire starter.

Kubota really does build fine equipment, but they skipped a real owners manual.

My 2017 Ford Super Duty Manual, is over 500 pages. So is my late model Jeep and Dodge. My Kubota LX2610 Cab owners manual is 149 pages including the index. 26 pages of that 149 is warnings.

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
In the OP's defense, I own a LX2610. The owners manual is almost good for the basics. But, other than that, it is campfire starting paper. More than 10% of it is dedicated to safety and liability stuff. It's pretty bad.

I don't own an official "Service or Repair Manual" and I have considered buying or downloading one. But if it's anything like the Owners Manual I'm sure that it's more campfire starter.

Kubota really does build fine equipment, but they skipped a real owners manual.

My 2017 Ford Super Duty Manual, is over 500 pages. So is my late model Jeep and Dodge. My Kubota LX2610 Cab owners manual is 149 pages including the index. 26 pages of that 149 is warnings.
The warnings aren't their fault, it's the law. You folks in the US apparently vote for that trash, the rest of the world gets it inflicted on us as well.

I have generally found the WSM for my B2601 to be very comprehensive. I do usually look for a YouTube version as well if I can, those illustrated diagrams are never as clear as I'd like, but usually once I've seen the video and go back to the manual it's all obvious.

Reactions: 1 user

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
That picture showing the drain plug looks like pictures that have been in owners manuals for the last 75+ years. Of course, you also have to know how to read to be able to read the description that accompanies the picture to know what it is for. Kubota owners manuals are not much different than the owns produced for other brands in the industries. None of them are spectacular but also, aren’t too bad either if you take the time to read and understand them. Combine them with looking at parts pages available for free on the Kubota website, you can learn a ton of information.

Reactions: 1 users