Lumberjack Jacket

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
May it rest in pieces,, yes the old Woolrich lumberjack jacket has given up the ghost. And I am in search of a new one,, MADE IN USA of course, well maybe Canada that would be acceptable too. Woolrich site has jackets made for the upper middle class hipster set not for work. And buffalo plaid is a must,, yeah I know so old school. So if the fashion members would step up and help an orange
brother ,would be cool!

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Filson is not cheap, but it’s more durable than woolrich. Some is still from here in USA but a lot of it is not. For the made in USA garments, you better plan to blow the dust off your pile of looneys. 😉

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Filson is not cheap, but it’s more durable than woolrich. Some is still from here in USA but a lot of it is not. For the made in USA garments, you better plan to blow the dust off your pile of looneys. 😉
I have a Filson jacket and some vests. They are by far the finest wool outerwear made. All made in Seattle Washington. But they aren’t cheap. On the other hand, I’ve never worn out anything made by that company. They cater to loggers, foresters, and fishermen.

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I have a Filson jacket and some vests. They are by far the finest wool outerwear made. All made in Seattle Washington. But they aren’t cheap. On the other hand, I’ve never worn out anything made by that company. They cater to loggers, foresters, and fishermen.
I really like the tin cloth as well. I believe some of the wool garments are from overseas (I have some that say USA and some that don’t…depends on the article and year)…I have a wool shirt jack that is from Bangladesh….still a great garment, I don’t care where it is made. The wool is from here I believe though. Some of the tin cloth from over seas too (Bangladesh). They also stand behind their product and will repair / replace I believe.

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
Ebay usually has quite a bit of "vintage" Woolrich items available. They used to have a factory store in Woolrich PA many years ago...

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I really like the tin cloth as well. I believe some of the wool garments are from overseas (I have some that say USA and some that don’t…depends on the article and year)…I have a wool shirt jack that is from Bangladesh….still a great garment, I don’t care where it is made. The wool is from here I believe though. Some of the tin cloth from over seas too (Bangladesh). They also stand behind their product and will repair / replace I believe.
Every Filson wool garment I have says made in Seattle.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
May it rest in pieces,, yes the old Woolrich lumberjack jacket has given up the ghost. And I am in search of a new one,, MADE IN USA of course, well maybe Canada that would be acceptable too. Woolrich site has jackets made for the upper middle class hipster set not for work. And buffalo plaid is a must,, yeah I know so old school. So if the fashion members would step up and help an orange
brother ,would be cool!
ine is early shot too,....but so am I !
Every Filson wool garment I have says made in Seattle.
I do not doubt that they say "made in Seattle:"
I spent many years traveling to and from Asia.
You can buy almost any item that you choose, labeled made in USA, that was actually made in Asia.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
You can buy almost any item that you choose, labeled made in USA, that was actually made in Asia.

That's illegal. I'm pretty sure a company the size of Filson is not simply breaking the law.

Amazon sellers? Ebay? Sure, all the time.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Anybody who is too cheap/stupid to have a website is a company that isn't going to be there for the long haul.
I'm not sure who you are referring to. Maybe you got out of the wrong side of the bed. Anyway, GP Outdoors does have a website. Here's you a link in case you need it.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
That's illegal. I'm pretty sure a company the size of Filson is not simply breaking the law.

Amazon sellers? Ebay? Sure, all the time.
I think you missed my point.
I did not in any way intend to suggest that Filson might be breaking the law.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Ebay usually has quite a bit of "vintage" Woolrich items available. They used to have a factory store in Woolrich PA many years ago...
Ahhh, the good ol' days. My first trip to the store was around 1983. Back then it was a real factory outlet and they had very good deals. I believe some of the goods were still made there at that time. The back of the store had lots of factory seconds. Most of the factory seconds looked so good that each piece of clothing had a hang tag with an "X" at the imperfection. I still have a shirt or two and four Mountain Parkas that range from one that still gets worn to church to the one that has a 3-corner tear due to a tractor mishap. Wifey and I made numerous runs to Woolrich over the years. The yuppies, imported stuff and high prices took the fun out of it.

The narrow little town was really pretty in Winter with some snow. Pines lined both sides of the road into town. Last time I was through, many of the trees were gone.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
ine is early shot too,....but so am I !

I do not doubt that they say "made in Seattle:"
I spent many years traveling to and from Asia.
The Filson company has a facility in Seattle that I have been to. US wool from eastern Washington and Oregon, and people working at sewing machines. They have been a forester’s favorite for over 100 years, just like Whites handmade boots from Spokane. But you pay for the quality.

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
I too am in the market for a warm wool coat. I was looking and saw the LLBean Guide Parka. Not sure how warm it would be. Anyone have any experience with it? Look at some other companies too, but their description of how much wool their coats contained were overstated.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I too am in the market for a warm wool coat. I was looking and saw the LLBean Guide Parka. Not sure how warm it would be. Anyone have any experience with it? Look at some other companies too, but their description of how much wool their coats contained were overstated.

I think with LL Bean, if you don't like it, you can return it, hassle free.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Ahhh, the good ol' days. My first trip to the store was around 1983. Back then it was a real factory outlet and they had very good deals. I believe some of the goods were still made there at that time. The back of the store had lots of factory seconds. Most of the factory seconds looked so good that each piece of clothing had a hang tag with an "X" at the imperfection. I still have a shirt or two and four Mountain Parkas that range from one that still gets worn to church to the one that has a 3-corner tear due to a tractor mishap. Wifey and I made numerous runs to Woolrich over the years. The yuppies, imported stuff and high prices took the fun out of it.

The narrow little town was really pretty in Winter with some snow. Pines lined both sides of the road into town. Last time I was through, many of the trees were gone.
You saved me some typing. I visited, for my last time, a couple of years ago and asked about any current production. They said that a shop nearby still makes some bedding products but all of their offerings come from elsewhere. Just go to WallyWorld instead of their yuppy store.

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
I think with LL Bean, if you don't like it, you can return it, hassle free.
Very true, they are good about returns. Used to be better but too many people took advantage of their old return policy.

yorkies77

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
brother ,would be cool!
I found one on eBay for $70. An older woolrich, it just like new.