Low RPM power steering grind

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
It sounds like the hood or something else is vibrating - when the tractor is operating at a certain RPM - the vibrations it gives off makes whatever is vibrating - vibrate. When you increase the throttle - it changed.

Open the hood - does it still do it? Touch anything in the engine bay and see if it stops the rattle - yes do be careful around the fan.

Reactions: 1 user

Pjridge

Equipment
L3302
Jan 23, 2024
Tn
That’s what I first thought but haven’t been able to locate the source. It stops when I raise or lower the throttle. It also only does it after I’ve ran it for a while. When it’s cold it does not. It sounds just like when you turn the steering wheel on a vehicle all the way to one side. Idk. Just wondering if anyone else experienced it.
thanks for the reply Hokie.

Pjridge

Equipment
L3302
Jan 23, 2024
Tn
Oh and as you can tell in the video it also stops when I turn the steering wheel a little to either side and continues when I let go.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Oh and as you can tell in the video it also stops when I turn the steering wheel a little to either side and continues when I let go.
Get a stethoscope and go around touching different parts of the tractor with the tip. You will here it when you find it. (careful of moving parts though)

(You can use a long screwdriver too, just put the handle up to your ear and touch the parts with the tip of the screwdriver......you will look like a fool, but it works...hahah)

Reactions: 1 user

Pjridge

Equipment
L3302
Jan 23, 2024
Tn
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I will be looking into them this weekend.