Loosing Memory

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Flip, just write yourself a note to keep an eye on your GPS on your way to the DR. office. Oh, wait, you can't see.

:D Now that’s funny, I don’t care who you are!!;)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Just be aware, cataract surgery causes wrinkles, dust, cobwebs, and mis-matched socks ;)
No, cataract surgery cures those problems. My mother had cataract surgery when she lived in Boulder, Co. She had a blue spruce tree just outside her door. After surgery she made comments about how she never realized that tree was so green.

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
As we grow older, we have decided to split up the things we need to remember.
My wife tries to remembers who we are, and I try to remember where we are going. LOL

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
No, cataract surgery cures those problems. My mother had cataract surgery when she lived in Boulder, Co. She had a blue spruce tree just outside her door. After surgery she made comments about how she never realized that tree was so green.
Yeah, that's a common statement. Just after surgery most of my patients complain that we caused them to have wrinkles, their house was much more dusty/cobwebs, and most of their dark colored socks were all mis-matched. These things weren't there prior to having their cataracts fixed, so we must have caused them ;):D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Yeah, that's a common statement. Just after surgery most of my patients complain that we caused them to have wrinkles, their house was much more dusty/cobwebs, and most of their dark colored socks were all mis-matched. These things weren't there prior to having their cataracts fixed, so we must have caused them ;):D
Lol, now that's funny.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Mine came on real fast as a direct result of the chemo I was on last winter. Always had almost perfect 20-20 vision until late and then it went to hell.

Chemp, nice name for rat poison.

Month and a half ago I was hunting in Nebraska and all was good. Now, the fog has set in but will be handled tomorrow morning (at least the left peeper), the right one will have to wait a week, I suspect. Wife is putting some high buck jell drops in mu eye every morning, some kind of topical numbing stuff.

Compared to what I went through last year, this is a walk in the park.

I probably have 2 different socks on, cannot see them anyway...lol

Kind of afraid to shave in as much as I cannot see my face in the mirror either.
\

Did I say this is fun?

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Guess my memory loss (Halfheimers) is not as bad as I thought. I just went into a room and remembered why I went there.....it was the restroom. :p

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I started a thread about coffee recently. I roast my own beans and consume them within four or five days of roasting, and only grind beans as they're needed. I drink 4 double espressos a day and I've noticed an improvement in my cognitive abilities since switching to freshly roasted and freshly ground coffee.

I've always consumed a fair amount of coffee, but after watching a Ted Talk I decided that I needed to get as much of the health benefits from the beans as possible. The goodness dissipates rapidly after roasting, and even more rapidly after grinding. Greens beans will keep for a year or more and retain all of their goodness, whereas roasted beans have a short lifespan, even when kept in a dry, cool and airtight container in a dark cupboard where UV can't get to them.

Reactions: 1 users