Looking to invest in a roto tiller need advise.

wolfalalone

Equipment
L3800DT,FEL,BB1260,RCR1260
Aug 7, 2013
Dickson,TN
I am looking to purchase a new Roto-tiller. I need advise on quality and ability to get throw the rocks. I have a mixture of limestone and sandstone.

Fallon

Equipment
L3200
Sep 10, 2013
Parker, CO
Forward rotation hops over rocks & obstructions whereas reverse rotation will dig in and jam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

tractor kid

Feb 23, 2014
south carolina
I have to agree only get forward rotation. Buy a model that is big enough to clear your tire tracks. Has far has what kind I am not sure about that but what I have found is the better name brands are basically the same thing. Choose a better known brand and you will be fine.

wolfalalone

Equipment
Aug 7, 2013
Dickson,TN
Forward rotation hops over rocks & obstructions whereas reverse rotation will dig in and jam.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
I have been talking with the dealer I bought my tractor from and he recommended the forward rotation also I am looking at the land pride right now I know that there are other brands but I have had no issues with my current setup and really like land pride produces. thanks for all the advice.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I'd go for their "heavy duty" line! You want to make sure when you hit those rocks, you win!

wolfalalone

Equipment
Aug 7, 2013
Dickson,TN
I'd go for their "heavy duty" line! You want to make sure when you hit those rocks, you win!
Monday tilled up the garden with my old Sears and Roebuck front tine tiller and im glad I haven't bought the big tiller yet had to dig some big rocks out with my frontend loader, what a job!!!:)