Looking to buy b2650 or b2601 *pictures inside!

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
That would be very nice of you. Just the tractor mounts is all Im stumped on. Mainly the rear ones.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Eipo. If you want message me your number I can take them with my phone and message them to you tomorrow.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Just wanted to publicly thank rkidd for taking the time to send me pictures of his mmm deck connection. I think he found the issue that apparently is one of this insider things the dealers do that is not in the instructions to work around the deck linkage interfering with the tractors brake linkage on the right side.

SpartanOrange

Equipment
Kubota B2650HST, 60" QA bucket, 60"mmm, 60"box blade, & 3rd function valve.
Mar 1, 2016
Southern mid Michigan
Thanks all for weighing in with your experiences, perspective, and recommendations. I decided on the b2650, 60"MMM deck, front loader with 60" QA bucket, 3rd function valve for loader, and the dealer recommended I do a 60" box blade, instead of the 54" I had requested. This he upgraded for no extra charge. I was 50/50 on turf r3 vs the r4s, I did end up choosing the turf tires. Now I must wait until the tractor is ready sometime next week. Then I can put it to the test!

eipo, im glad you were able resolve your issues.

rkidd, thanks for the great pics! I expect mine will closely resemble yours with the same loader, tires, and MMM.

I was sent a teaser pic of the machine being equipped to my specifications.

Attachments

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
You should see about throwing in a set of forks...

They, much like the FEL, are invaluable.

Congrats!

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Spartan Orange. Congratulations!! You are very welcome. More than happy to pass on my experiences of the B2650. It is a very good feeling to have a brand new orange tractor coming. Now comes the fun of running it and tricking it out with needed accessories such as auxiliary led lighting and bucket hooks to be able to safely lift whatever needs lifting whether you use weld on hooks or the bolt on ones like from Kens Bolt on look really good. Enjoy.

View attachment 20912

View attachment 20913

Last edited:

SpartanOrange

Equipment
Kubota B2650HST, 60" QA bucket, 60"mmm, 60"box blade, & 3rd function valve.
Mar 1, 2016
Southern mid Michigan
Spartan Orange. Congratulations!! You are very welcome. More than happy to pass on my experiences of the B2650. It is a very good feeling to have a brand new orange tractor coming. Now comes the fun of running it and tricking it out with needed accessories such as auxiliary led lighting and bucket hooks to be able to safely lift whatever needs lifting whether you use weld on hooks or the bolt on ones like from Kens Bolt on look really good. Enjoy.

View attachment 20912

View attachment 20913
Thanks rkidd. I have been reading up on led lights and bucket hooks. Looks like I will have to do my homework if I want to install LEDs that will sip power so as to not require the upgraded alternator kit. I also like Kens bolt on grab hooks. So bolt on or weld on for the 60" QA bucket?

Last edited:

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Check out MotoAlliance for LED lights, good price and support. They are primarily ATV/UTV but it all works the same.

I like the bolt on, but ask your dealer to throw on a couple...mine welded 2 on for me. Kind of nice to have on delivery and for free. If you get a no then get some of Kenny's, I need to get the snow gone and figure out what to order myself.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Spartan Orange. with the nice heavy plate that comes on the top of the 60in QA bucket from the factory you can go either way on mounting hooks. I welded mine on due to the fact that I bought a new Lincoln mig welder to be able to do things like that and to be able to fab things up for my tractor such as my ballast box. Of course then you have to buy a paint gun to be able to paint things to match. haha. Being a retired heavy equipment operator I also wanted to weld on a safety latch excavator hook that I knew worked very well as about every piece of equipment had one. They are nice because you can use a chain or any type of sling,steel cable or nylon. The outside 3/8 hooks are good if you need spread out a chain to lift something awkward and not slip. As far as lights I know the factory dynamo is rated at 14.5 amps. I bought a 4pak of Tuff led lights rated at 27 watts, 1.9 amp draw and 1950 lumens I found on Amazon. They are well made and really light up the night. They actually at working rpm only draw 1.5 amps each for a total of 6 amp draw. With all the led lights on and all the tractor lights on at working rpm 2200-2500rpm for me the total amp draw is around 9.5amps so within range. Thru alot of experimentation I found the dynamo will not keep up the voltage with all of the lights on under 1800rpm. So knowing that if I am going to let tractor set at high idle for several minutes, I just flip off the led lights. Problem solved.

View attachment 20930

View attachment 20931

Last edited:

Toohipsi

Equipment
Bx2360 Sold, B2650
Feb 3, 2014
Maryland
Here is mine I got delivered past Saturday. I went through the same dilemma and decided th B2650 was the best for me.
[/URL]

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Toohipsi. Congrats on your new B2650. I am sure you will really enjoy it. Now comes the fun of operating it and tricking it out with things that will help you. Looks like you already started that. Is that canopy a Kubota item and where did you get your 3pt weight bracket from. They both look awesome. Just curious what made you bump up from your BX?

Toohipsi

Equipment
Bx2360 Sold, B2650
Feb 3, 2014
Maryland
Thanks Rkidd. The Canopy was from Kubota I had them install it before they delivered it. The rear mount is made by Heavy Hitch. I had one on my BX and loved it. The adaptor thats in the tow hitch is used to carry my trash cans down my long driveway. What a life saver.
As far as why I upgraded from my BX, I really needed more lifting power and more ground clearance for certain jobs. On my land I have a lot of very large rocks that the BX just couldnt manage so Im hoping the b will help with that.
So far Ive ordered a hazard light bar and one light bar for the front and two for the rear. I just need to find some time to fabricate the brackets and wiring.
I will surely post pictures when I get it done.
Matt

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Toohipsi. Congrats again. You have a nice looking outfit there. You will not be disappointed with the power of this machine. It has been awesome. You might already know, but for adding lights the factory dynamo is only rated for 14.5 amps and will not produce that with rpms closer to idle. It works fine if you stay in those parameters. Also there is a 10 amp fused extra set of wires that are located under the seat by the right rear fender. That is what I used to power my lights.

Toohipsi

Equipment
Bx2360 Sold, B2650
Feb 3, 2014
Maryland
Thanks for the info about the load capacity, I was going to ask. Today was successful and bitter sweet. I was able to mount and wire my hazard light and also my friend came to finally pick up the BX. Here are a few pictures of the light in action. I started on the electronics box for the front light bar and rear lights but the paint is still frying so thats for another day. Enjoy.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Looking good!!

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Nice.

I'm toying with the idea of picking up a set of turf tires.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Spartan Orange. Congrats on getting your new machine. I am sure it feels good to finally get it. Keep us posted on how you like it after putting some hours on it.