Looking to buy a 2370 need some advice!

Ryanmlt12

Equipment
None yet looking at 2370
Nov 25, 2016
Central, MA
Hi all,

Im a new member this will be my first post here!

I just moved into our new house house on acre property with a long driveway. I have always been interested in the Kubota tractors and can finally justify owning one. It took some convincing but I finally have the wife on board as well.

Im looking to go with a 2370 with a loader and 54" deck. Curious if you think Im getting a good deal? To preface I like this dealer and they are a local (15min) trustworthy family owned business. Only thing is I could go up to NH and hour away and save $700 on sales tax... I haven't shopped around at all.

Here's the offer.

$13,900 Tractor w/ loader

$1800 54" mower

Shift into savings $1500 off implements

Total $14,200 84mos 0% financing.

My other question. I live in central MA and we can get quite a bit of snow. I was thinking of just using the bucket this season and getting a blower for next year to save a few bucks (working on the house). I would like to consider some plow attachments that wont break the bank any suggestions?

I'm looking forward to your feedback!

Ryan

Last edited:

MikeyA

Equipment
2016 B2650 FEL and 60"mmm,1998 B2400 MMM FEL(sold!) BB 4ft BRUSH HOG
Mar 6, 2010
West Central Illinois
Not sure which tires your getting, but you will probably want to consider some rear chains. Another item that I see being handy for the BX's would be a skid/belly plate to protect the hydrostat fan, especially if you are planning on using it around timber or areas that have a lot of fallen sticks.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Just used my bucket to clear 300' driveway last Sunday, 8" wet snow. Turf tires, no chains. Angle bucket up a bit and toss it in Float. Pinning on plow next weekend.

That sounds like a great deal. What dealer?

Ryanmlt12

Equipment
None yet looking at 2370
Nov 25, 2016
Central, MA
Just used my bucket to clear 300' driveway last Sunday, 8" wet snow. Turf tires, no chains. Angle bucket up a bit and toss it in Float. Pinning on plow next weekend.

That sounds like a great deal. What dealer?
The dealer is Toreku in Ayer, MA. I feel like it would be worth paying a little more to support local and a reliable dealer with great service.

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
I have a bx 2370 with loader and 60" drive over deck. I bought it new last yr from outta state to save on sales tax. Payed 14,900 out the door. I financed that package and payed cash for my front quick hitch and 60" snow/dozer blade with power angle. Cant 100% remember but i wanna say the quick hitch and blade were in the neighborhood of 2k. I run heavy equipment for a living and id strongly recommend the quick hitch and snow blade for snow removal. The bx doesnt have rear split brakes so snow removal, specially deep or heavy snow you will run into problems steering the tractor with the loader and bucket. Tractor will wanna go straight. With the dozer/snow blade the plow will be much closer to the tractor which will give you much more stability/traction on the front tires. Plus the power angle will also help you steer through that heavy snow. The blade is also way faster for clearing snow vs the loader. These little tractors are very impressive for a small unit. You will love it.

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
I also forgot to add i went with the r4 tires which i like a lot. They provide good traction and do not track up the yard. The dealer tried to sell me a kubota ballast box but i made my own out of 3/8" plate steel and filled it with rocks. You will most definitely want to get a ballast box of some sort. These little machines get real sketchy quick when using loader with no rear ballast. Plus the rear ballast makes a huge difference when clearing snow.

Ryanmlt12

Equipment
None yet looking at 2370
Nov 25, 2016
Central, MA
Thanks guys!

Also has anyone heard when the new 80 series hits the dealers? I was wondering if I should just wait for the new model.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Hi all,

My other question. I live in central MA and we can get quite a bit of snow. I was thinking of just using the bucket this season and getting a blower for next year to save a few bucks (working on the house). I would like to consider some plow attachments that wont break the bank any suggestions?

Ryan
If you are financing the tractor at 0% and buy the snowblower with the tractor, you also get the snowblower included in the 0% financing.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Hi all,

Im a new member this will be my first post here!

I just moved into our new house house on acre property with a long driveway. I have always been interested in the Kubota tractors and can finally justify owning one. It took some convincing but I finally have the wife on board as well.

Im looking to go with a 2370 with a loader and 54" deck. Curious if you think Im getting a good deal? To preface I like this dealer and they are a local (15min) trustworthy family owned business. Only thing is I could go up to NH and hour away and save $700 on sales tax... I haven't shopped around at all.

Here's the offer.

$13,900 Tractor w/ loader

$1800 54" mower

Shift into savings $1500 off implements

Total $14,200 84mos 0% financing.

Ryan
Hi Ryan. I bought a new 2370 in April of this year. I got the loader, grille guard,60" mid mount mower deck and a 48" Land Pride Box Blade. I paid $14100.00 and got the 0.0% financing for 60 months. I checked a couple other dealers to get my ducks in a row with the intention of buying at home if the prices were close. It all worked out my local dealer gave me the best price anyway. I have 43 hours on it now, no issues and happy with my decision. Hope that helps.

groomerbuck

Nov 14, 2015
Palmerton, Pennsylvania,
Thanks guys!

Also has anyone heard when the new 80 series hits the dealers? I was wondering if I should just wait for the new model.

Honestly if the new 80s come out within the next few months it might be worth waiting. There are some very nice upgrades on the new model. The main couple id be super interested in is the skid steer style quick disconnect for the front bucket. Also i hear the seat is a suspension seat which would be a huge improvement. Imo i think these little tractor ride horrible. But then again i probably mow a little faster then most. There are a few other "improvements" but the ones i mentioned are the ones id really want.

Ryanmlt12

Equipment
None yet looking at 2370
Nov 25, 2016
Central, MA
Honestly if the new 80s come out within the next few months it might be worth waiting. There are some very nice upgrades on the new model. The main couple id be super interested in is the skid steer style quick disconnect for the front bucket. Also i hear the seat is a suspension seat which would be a huge improvement. Imo i think these little tractor ride horrible. But then again i probably mow a little faster then most. There are a few other "improvements" but the ones i mentioned are the ones id really want.
Yea, I think im going to wait... To many cool new features to miss out on. Here is the new brochure for the 80 series someone posted on another forum attached

Attachments

Last edited:

Richbx

Equipment
BX2370 Loader bx5450 Snowblower
Dec 2, 2016
Central, ma
I just went through this in October. I shopped the dealer you mentioned and Ahearn in central ma. I ended up at Ahearn for a bx2370, la243 loader, bx5450 snowblower and quick attach (no mower deck) for 16300 before taxes. That includes 3 years of maintenance. I added an original cab (ordered online) and a maradyne cab heater. Hope this helps!

Juiced06GTO

Equipment
2016 B2601
Nov 26, 2014
Sutton, MA
I am in the same general area as you, Sutton, just south of Worcester. I have been to Toreku, Ahearn, and Chappell in NH. From what I have been able to gather, Ahearn came in fairly close to MSRP, Toreku is about 12-13% off MSRP, and Chappell about the same plus you save the tax. With that said I reached out to Barlow's Tractor on the recommendation of some people on TBN and even with delivery to this area they were significantly cheaper than anyone local. I would love to support local dealers, but when we are talking thousands of dollars difference for the same machine it becomes tough. I also do most of my own maintenance and repair work so I am not as worried about the local dealer being able to handle it. All three dealers I went to were extremely helpful with offering their opinions and info on the tractors I was considering.

Wings

Nov 5, 2016
Central Ohio
Hi Ryan. I bought a new 2370 in April of this year. I got the loader, grille guard,60" mid mount mower deck and a 48" Land Pride Box Blade. I paid $14100.00 and got the 0.0% financing for 60 months. I checked a couple other dealers to get my ducks in a row with the intention of buying at home if the prices were close. It all worked out my local dealer gave me the best price anyway. I have 43 hours on it now, no issues and happy with my decision. Hope that helps.
That seems like a great deal.
Today I was quoted $14,500 (including rebate)with mmm and loader but no box blade or grill.

I honestly expected their price to come in a little lower considering the bx 80 series are just around the corner and they have about 20 2370s in stock. I need to buy this year because I don't want to risk losing the rebate and the 0%.

Ryanmlt12

Equipment
None yet looking at 2370
Nov 25, 2016
Central, MA
I am in the same general area as you, Sutton, just south of Worcester. I have been to Toreku, Ahearn, and Chappell in NH. From what I have been able to gather, Ahearn came in fairly close to MSRP, Toreku is about 12-13% off MSRP, and Chappell about the same plus you save the tax. With that said I reached out to Barlow's Tractor on the recommendation of some people on TBN and even with delivery to this area they were significantly cheaper than anyone local. I would love to support local dealers, but when we are talking thousands of dollars difference for the same machine it becomes tough. I also do most of my own maintenance and repair work so I am not as worried about the local dealer being able to handle it. All three dealers I went to were extremely helpful with offering their opinions and info on the tractors I was considering.
Great Info Thanks! So did you buy out of state can you recommend who to contact? PM me if you would rather not share.

I am concerned that the 80 series could be significantly more. There is also a risk I could end up paying way more after the shift into savings program ends. I just hope the 80 series isnt way marked up 2k+ more would be unfortunate. My thought is they will have a bigger rebate on the 70 series once the 80's hit the dealers but I could be wrong.

I had the same experience with the dealers mentioned above. BTW I requested a quote online from the 3 local dealers above and none of them got back to me. I even requested a John Deere demo at Padulas online and they never reached out... I guess theses dealers dont know how to use the web to their advantage or the notifications get lost somewhere.

The folks at Toreku seem honest and will most likely earn my business.

Wings

Nov 5, 2016
Central Ohio
Was the 12/13% off including the rebate? My quote was around 15% off including the rebate - ~6.5% without rebate

Wings

Nov 5, 2016
Central Ohio
Great Info Thanks! So did you buy out of state can you recommend who to contact? PM me if you would rather not share.

I am concerned that the 80 series could be significantly more. There is also a risk I could end up paying way more after the shift into savings program ends. I just hope the 80 series isnt way marked up 2k+ more would be unfortunate. My thought is they will have a bigger rebate on the 70 series once the 80's hit the dealers but I could be wrong.

I had the same experience with the dealers mentioned above. BTW I requested a quote online from the 3 local dealers above and none of them got back to me. I even requested a John Deere demo at Padulas online and they never reached out... I guess theses dealers dont know how to use the web to their advantage or the notifications get lost somewhere.

L

The folks at Toreku seem honest and will most likely earn my business.

Anyone ever tried to get a group together and try and buy like 5 tractors at once from the same dealer and save everyone some more $$? :)

Ryanmlt12

Equipment
None yet looking at 2370
Nov 25, 2016
Central, MA
Anyone ever tried to get a group together and try and buy like 5 tractors at once from the same dealer and save everyone some more $$? :)
In theory that might work, but it would be a nightmare to organize and may not be worth the trouble.