Looking for light duty 6 ft rear blade for my L2501HST

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
I currently have a 7 ft wide landscape rake that does a good job grooming loose gravel, but I have a project to make a 1/4 mile path.

The dry powdery ground here in Pueblo has few rocks and the path will involve removing about 2-3 inches of top soil to the side, then we plan to spread a layer of 3/4 inch ground asphalt to 3 inch thickness, level and run pack it in. Then I intend to taper the loose soil back to the path edges with my landscape rake.

I am looking for a 6 ft blade to cut down and level the surface with a couple of passes both ways throwing the soil out. It would be nice to be able to offset the blade, but I think that the 6 ft angled should still cover the five ft rear R4 tires on the little 2501.

Any suggestions on a light Behlen or Bison model 3 pt rear blade for this task? I will probably use the blade only occasionally for what little snow we get here in the SE plains of Colorado?

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Yes, a 6' will cover rear track, at least on the first detent. Mine has the ability to offset the blade about 8-10", which is nice for plowing snow to get it further off the driveway.

Reactions: 1 user

Shadetree03

Equipment
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
Yes, a 6' will cover rear track, at least on the first detent. Mine has the ability to offset the blade about 8-10", which is nice for plowing snow to get it further off the driveway.
thanks for the reply. What brand/model blade do you have on your 3301?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Your need of cutting material 2-3" deep with a rear blade will not work unless the material is loose already. There is no down pressure on the 3-pt to force the blade to cut.

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
I think you want a heavy blade to cut 2-3” rather than a light blade. A light blade will just float on the surface unless it is loose as D2cat says.
Consider a box blade with scarifies to loosen the soil across the width of the blade. Then use the rear blade to move the soil side to side.
Of course it is easy for me to spend your money on attachments. ;)

Reactions: 2 users

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
thanks for the reply. What brand/model blade do you have on your 3301?
No idea...any labels, tags or markings turned into patina years ago. Have only ever seen one other like it on CL. Its well built, and probably suited for 25-40 hp range.

Shadetree03

Equipment
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
No idea...any labels, tags or markings turned into patina years ago. Have only ever seen one other like it on CL. Its well built, and probably suited for 25-40 hp range.
Glad I got the LandPride 2672 , a medium duty blade rated for 25 to 60 HP tractors. I wont hurt it with my little L2501, and at 370 lbs it has enough weight to carve a little if I set the pitch right. When we get the 3/4 ground asphalt, I'll get some practice with the float on the FEL as well as reversing the rear blade and dragging it level...

steveh

Equipment
Kubota L4701, forks, Land Pride rear blade, Wallenstein splitter
Dec 1, 2020
Rocky Mountains
I have a Land Pride blade but don't know model # offhand. I replaced the 6' blade with a 7' when I bought a larger tractor, and it is an easy swap. Anyhow, as to your project, might wanna invest in a couple of skid shoes, I bought some last fall and makes my blading work easier.

My blade does not offset, and that would be nice to have, but not so nice I want to spend the $$ upgrading.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I have a Land Pride blade but don't know model # offhand. I replaced the 6' blade with a 7' when I bought a larger tractor, and it is an easy swap. Anyhow, as to your project, might wanna invest in a couple of skid shoes, I bought some last fall and makes my blading work easier.

My blade does not offset, and that would be nice to have, but not so nice I want to spend the $$ upgrading.
After 20 years using a blade that doesn’t offset, I sought a blade that offsets when I bought my new tractor. It’s impossible to grade the gravel from the road ditch back to the road without a offset blade. And impossible to plow the snow into the ditch without an offset blade.

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
Looks like you got the job done. Thanks for the follow up photo. :)