Loader Options for B3350HSDC

kozibe

Equipment
B3350HSDC & JD 3038e
Aug 1, 2019
Castroville, TX USA
Hello All! New Kubota owner here. Just bought a B3350HSDC at auction and it did not come with a loader or most of its 3pt linkage either. However, I won't lie, my primary interest in it was for cab and A/C as well as its abilities as a tractor! HA!! I do want to get a loader for it and was wondering if there were any suggestions of loaders other than the LA534? I have been hunting for a salvage one without much luck and the one I did find for sale is roughly 1200 miles away thus killing any amount saved on it, paying for its shipping. I really don't want an aftermarket loader, but if it would mean a substantial savings over an OEM new one, then I might be swayed. The lowest quote for a new LA534 and its installation at the dealers is around $4300. Is that high or a good price?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'll wish you well with your B3350, most of those are problematic or complete duds!
The price of the loader is better than what most of the aftermarket loaders would run ya.

kozibe

Equipment
B3350HSDC & JD 3038e
Aug 1, 2019
Castroville, TX USA
I'll wish you well with your B3350, most of those are problematic or complete duds!
The price of the loader is better than what most of the aftermarket loaders would run ya.
So far its been OK. I learned about the issues the model had AFTER I had won the auction. It was a rather spur of the moment decision and have been praying it won't come back to bite me. I saw cab and jumped. I will say I have thought heavily about trading it in since we did intend on getting a larger tractor, either a L3560 or L4060. I have put 10 hours on it and it has done fine. But I keep weighing whether it is worth putting a loader on it or taking it into the dealer for the larger machine. The 3350's size is very handy right now since we are in the beginning stages of clearing underbrush on certain parts of 38 acres we have. Much easier to maneuver around and under trees. But once that is done we will want something bigger because in the end we will have 10 acres in open field and it would take forever to shred with the 3350.

So I will throw this question out there too. Should I trade it in and put the money I would have spent on the loader into another larger machine?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So I will throw this question out there too. Should I trade it in and put the money I would have spent on the loader into another larger machine?
This is more of my Opinion than facts:

A few have had ok luck with that model, but most have had really bad luck. The further south and warmer you are the less likely you'll have serious issues.

First Option: If you got it for a really good price and you can get a dealer to take it in on trade, most won't touch them, for more than you paid for it, I would jump all over it.

I wouldn't invest in a loader as it won't raise the value any at all.

Second option: If you can't get a dealer to take it, and less "honest" approach would be to take and sell it off on craigslist or such.
And I would almost guarantee you'll like the L3560 or L4060 much better all the way around!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hello All! New Kubota owner here. Just bought a B3350HSDC at auction and it did not come with a loader or most of its 3pt linkage either. However, I won't lie, my primary interest in it was for cab and A/C as well as its abilities as a tractor! HA!! I do want to get a loader for it and was wondering if there were any suggestions of loaders other than the LA534? I have been hunting for a salvage one without much luck and the one I did find for sale is roughly 1200 miles away thus killing any amount saved on it, paying for its shipping. I really don't want an aftermarket loader, but if it would mean a substantial savings over an OEM new one, then I might be swayed. The lowest quote for a new LA534 and its installation at the dealers is around $4300. Is that high or a good price?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
$4,300 is to much to spend for a FEL for your 3350.

How badly do you need a FEL?

Do not expect to find a used FEL to fit your tractor.

B3350 issues are unrelated to your OP, so I will decline comment.

SDT

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
My thoughts would be:

You got it for a good price at auction.
It fits your needs, at this time.
It is maneuverable in your work area.

I would use the 3350 till You need bigger hp.

Unless, it craps the bed or
a dealer gives you a GOOD deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kozibe

Equipment
B3350HSDC & JD 3038e
Aug 1, 2019
Castroville, TX USA
Thanks so much for the responses! Bmeyers Looking good with your L3560! Such a nice tractor! I would say that I got a GREAT deal on it, but then again we got a specialty 200 gallon air blast sprayer with the tractor and what it will end up costing us is going to depend on how much we can get selling the sprayer. Apparently they are quite expensive but I am still having trouble finding out where and who to market it to.

So for now it pulls the box blade and shredder just fine and we have a FEL on our JD when we need one so we don't HAVE to get one on the 3350.

Thanks again I really appreciate the advice! :)

dexterous

Equipment
B2650
Apr 30, 2019
Grove City, PA
Three things to improve your chances:

One, check with a Kubota dealer and see if the tractor has all of its updates and recalls done. If not done, these should be free so get it updated.

Two, run the engine at higher RPMs most all the time. If your mowing this won’t be an issue as you will be in that range anyway. If you’re pulling the box blade, stick close to 2500 RPM even if you don’t need it. These tips will keep the DPF as happy as possible.

Three, research the 3350 engine emissions issues and know how to properly operate the engine while the regeneration is occurring. Also learn to spot issues and common problems.

I suspect you will be fine, good luck!

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
My vote is to get rid of it if you can recover your cost. Based on all of the issues I wound not want it in my barn. It might be fine now....but they will likely creep up. Get rid of it while you can.