TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Sorry I wasn’t implying you did.

Well I don’t own this model but if I did and this was the case every time I lowered a full bucket I’d be pissed. Imo if it can lift it it then should be able to safely lower it without having to add flow restriction valves. I was always under the impression team orange had team green when it came to hydraulics. Guess not on every model.
Team orange hs been hydraulics challenged for decades. Just look at somd of the crazy plumbing they have put on tractors. They still have backhoes that require stopping the engine and looping hoses together.

The LA525 loader can be safely lowered when maxed out but you wont do it rolling along and I cant imagine wanting to.

You need to stop the tractor and "very carefully" coax the joystick out of neutral. Too fast and you get a rapid drop that will bounce you around when ypu catch it. Lighter loads behave fine.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
@TheOldHokie - since it is cable to the valve is there some (kinematic) device that is available to slow the valve travel down in relation to the handle movement?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
@TheOldHokie - since it is cable to the valve is there some (kinematic) device that is available to slow the valve travel down in relation to the handle movement?
My thought was the cable controller simply provides better leverage.

I really dont see any use for flow restrictors here. They have their place but not in this application. Generally speaking you are trying to speed up loader cylinders not slow them down.

Dan

Linstrum

Premium Member

Equipment
L3400HST with BH76 backhoe, L2501HST, B7100HST, B7100DT, all with fel's. Cat D4D
Sep 2, 2023
Alamogordo, New Mexico
What needs to be done is increase the feathering control of the valve. If there is any possibility, unscrew the knob, and then replace the knob with a connecting nut of the kind used for connecting two threaded rods together. After that, find a length of allthread rod with the same thread pitch as the knob and connecting nut. Experiment with how long the hydraulic control lever should be to effectively feather the control valve to prevent such a sudden drop of the loader. Having the hydraulic control lever way too short isn't any help with modulating the hydraulic fluid flow rate through it by hand, as it should be. Yeah, finding metric allthread rod might be a problem, but try to find some quick and easy way of extending the length of the hydraulic control unit lever so you have far more control over its "throw".

Reactions: 1 user

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I know that this is an old thread, but my 2 cents....

On the controls, it's easy on, easy off. Slow control movement is key, until you know the machine. Experience makes the operator match the machine. Usually, there is nothing wrong with the machine. The operator is the problem.

I've known operators that could tap you lightly on the shoulder with a large backhoe. BUT they had years' experience on the very same TLB.

Operate it, know it.

I'm always amazed how many folks complain that the loader stops too fast or jerks too much.

Some people with ZERO experience, jump on their new tractor and say it's jerking the machine when they use the loader or backhoe.

Rule # 1: Learn the machine. Slow movements on the controls. Start slow and learn how your control movement affects the implement. Loader, etc. Quality. This, usually, takes a long time. Unless you are a fast learner.

Rule # 2: This, is an orchestra. The bits and pieces of the "band" (you and the tractor) work together to form quick yet smooth fluid movements. It's like music when you see a skilled operator use a machine that he or she has operated for years. Usually, it's not the machine jerking. It's you. You and your new Kubota are to be One fluid machine. Quality. This comes after Rule #1. But you will know it. You and your Kubota will BE it.

Rule # 3: Nobody Cares. Take your tractor and get hours and days and years on it. ONLY try to impress yourself. In the meantime, everyone will be impressed with your skill. And YOU will get a lot of work done. Quality.

If you have the time and see a road crew working. Stop and watch the backhoe operator. He or she has probably done it for years. It's like a master at work.

Like music. Time in the saddle.

Last edited: