Loader droops now.

comforthill

Equipment
B2620,back blade,mower,tiller,loader,middlebuster,landscape rake
Oct 14, 2018
Lewiston
After getting the kit to fix the broken relief valve ( see my loader problem post ) on our 2012 B2620, and get it installed the loader works fine in all operations, however now the bucket droops with or without a load ! I will be checking to see if it is in one or both of the cylinders for curl or dump. If it is not in the cylinders where should I check next? It is full of Hydro oil and at operating temp.
I am also looking for the location to add a shim to boost the lifting capacity of the bucket.
Thanks.

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
Can't help with the droop but as far as adding shims to the pressure relief valve ...
Here is a video that explains why that is probably a bad idea.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
If it is not in the cylinders where should I check next?

Thanks.
If I remember the original story correctly you mentioned you observed scoring on the jammed spool that you were going to polish out. At the time that sounded like overly wishful thinking and my prime suspect would be right there. My guess is the valve has been damaged beyond repair.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

comforthill

Equipment
B2620,back blade,mower,tiller,loader,middlebuster,landscape rake
Oct 14, 2018
Lewiston
If I remember the original story correctly you mentioned you observed scoring on the jammed spool that you were going to polish out. At the time that sounded like overly wishful thinking and my prime suspect would be right there. My guess is the valve has been damaged beyond repair.

Dan
Yup, there was one spool that we did polish a bit. It fit tight back into the valve. There is no leak in the valve spool top or bucket cylinders. I did bite the bullet and shell out a grand for a new valve. I think I will be replacing it next week. Learned a lot on what to take off and not take off with this fiasco. Should be easier this time and quicker now that I know more about the disassembly and a few shortcuts. I did order a shim kit and my BIL has a pressure gauge that will fit my fittings. I will check after putting new valve on and then shim from there. Thanks