Loader Control Issue

LaneRanch

Equipment
2018 M5 111
Apr 4, 2024
Arkansas
Hi everyone,

I was lifting my loader and the function went slack. I still have down and tilt control. Is this possibly something that can be repaired or does the control box need to be replaced? Should i take the control box apart?

Thanks as always for all the help!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
First and easiest thing to check is the hydraulic quick connects. Sounds like one became unseated. Might disconnect them one at a time and reconnect.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi everyone,

I was lifting my loader and the function went slack. I still have down and tilt control. Is this possibly something that can be repaired or does the control box need to be replaced? Should i take the control box apart?

Thanks as always for all the help!
My first thought given the slack description would be something mechanical in the contril linkage has come apart. Simple things first.

Dan

LaneRanch

Equipment
2018 M5 111
Apr 4, 2024
Arkansas
My first thought given the slack description would be something mechanical in the contril linkage has come apart. Simple things first.

Dan
Hi Dan,

This definately seems like it could be likely since there is zero resistance and the joystick just flops back toward me. Should I take it apart to check? I am fairly mechanically inclined but have no experience working on tractors. Do you think it will be something that can be reconnected or will the unit need to be replaced? Granted you are guessing without looking at it.

LaneRanch

Equipment
2018 M5 111
Apr 4, 2024
Arkansas
Need the loader number.
Is it an LA1854?
Is it self leveling?
Does the tractor have a cab?
Hi Wolfman,

I am going to go with I think it is an LA1854. It does not have a cab.
I don't believe it is self leveling.
I took pictures of the control and the label.
Thanks again for the help.

1713897972114.png
1713898079059.png

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
LaneRanch, look on the uprights for a Kubota label that will give you both the model number and the serial number of the loader. You might also find a tag near the loader control that will have the same information as the hydraulic control just a different number for each item. Kubota has these labels on every component of the tractor that assists in finding the correct parts for that part of the unit. The picture of the loader arm showing that it is an LA185 is the loader assembly number however, many times there are multiple iterations of this loader.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Look down at the bottom of the right loader tower will be the loader valve, take a couple pictures of that for me if you would.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi Dan,

This definately seems like it could be likely since there is zero resistance and the joystick just flops back toward me. Should I take it apart to check? I am fairly mechanically inclined but have no experience working on tractors. Do you think it will be something that can be reconnected or will the unit need to be replaced? Granted you are guessing without looking at it.
Your picture shows a cable control joystick. Onw cable controls the boom and the other controls the bucket.

First thing I would do is remove the rubber dust boot and make sure both ends of the inner cable are latched into the mechanism and that both inner cables are moving in and out of the outer sheath when you run the joystick through its positions. I can already see some of that mechanism in the picture so you may only need to look closely.

Dan

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your picture shows a cable control joystick. Onw cable controls the boom and the other controls the bucket.

First thing I would do is remove the rubber dust boot and make sure both ends of the inner cable are latched into the mechanism and that both inner cables are moving in and out of the outer sheath when you run the joystick through its positions. I can already see some of that mechanism in the picture so you may only need to look closely.

Dan
On these Loader controls you can see anything from the COntrol side, it all hides inside a block.
The best bet for seeing if there is an issue with the loader control cables if to look at the valve side of the setup, there you can see the loader cable ends.