Status
Not open for further replies.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Since main stream media only tells us what they want us to know these days, how is it we hear about a Delta variant of covid 19, however there is no test to determine any Delta Variant? So how do they know it's a Delta Variant?
There is a test if they sequence the sample on the swab. In MI they routinely sequence a small fraction of all the tests done.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
That statement is just so much BS. When your 'freedom of choice' endangers the lives of people around you your 'freedom of choice' should end.
I and 10 million other Americans have compromised immune systems. You probably know some - you may not know they are immunocompromised though. I took 2 shots. I'm fully vaccinated. My body will not produce antibodies. I am vulnerable. If I contract the disease the outcome is not very bright.
For someone to say "its my choice" is the epidemy of selfishness or a total lack of understanding.
You chose not to wear a biohazard suit in public that can save you from covid.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
When your 'freedom of choice' endangers the lives of people around you your 'freedom of choice' should end.
You don’t seem to understand that the vaccine is a risk to people as well. Why is it ok for you and others like you to endanger them?

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
My wife’s job is firing people in September if they don’t get the shot, what kind of commie bs is that, so much for our freedoms, it’s legal too. I’m in disbelief more people aren’t absolutely furious with china for starting this bullshit and then lying about it.

Reactions: 3 users

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
People who are fearful of suffering from the SARS CoV-2 infection are free to sequester themselves and protect themselves by any method they choose.

But your fear stops at YOUR nose, and does not cross onto any other person's rights or obligations.

Or please tell me about your HIV AIDS, status
Your Ebola status
Your Hanta virus status

etc

etc.

A Slippery slope that only acknowledges fear.

On a bright note. The world's overall mortality rate is NOT far from expected norms and typical fluctuations. A bit high here, and a bit lower there. Not a pandemic by any measure.

Reactions: 5 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
People who are fearful of suffering from the SARS CoV-2 infection are free to sequester themselves and protect themselves by any method they choose.

But your fear stops at YOUR nose, and does not cross onto any other person's rights or obligations.

Or please tell me about your HIV AIDS, status
Your Ebola status
Your Hanta virus status

etc

etc.

A Slippery slope that only acknowledges fear.

On a bright note. The world's overall mortality rate is NOT far from expected norms and typical fluctuations. A bit high here, and a bit lower there. Not a pandemic by any measure.
Im pretty sick of my freedoms eroding away driven by emotional people in fear of everything.

Reactions: 6 users

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I am inclined to agree with the Governor as well.
but the claim is that these people do not carry enough virus load to spread it around much, if at all.

My grandkids under 12 cannot get vaccinated. So they are threatened by anyone that could give them the virus, to some degree, although the younger kids seem less likely to be seriously affected.

Of course, this is only if you believe the science. It is claimed that currently something like 99 percent of the deaths from the virus are unvaccinated people. I believe it but how can I prove it? I cannot. So I use faith in believing that these (and other) reports are based in fact. Just as others believe they are fiction.

So at the end of the day, we each make a decision and live or die by the result of that decision. We do that all the time anyway in other ways to various degrees.

I feel bad for those that do not have a choice, and cannot get a vaccination if they want to. Like those with compromised immune systems or being treated for cancer, and so on. The rest, well, it is their own decision for the most part, and if they choose to go unvaccinated, fine with me (except for the possible threat to others).

I certainly felt bad for the people that died before they could get vaccinated if they wanted to. But I will not shed a tear for those that chose to avoid the vaccination, if things go bad afterwards.

PS...Absolutely nothing meant to be political here...I learned a long time ago to avoid talking politics or religion...

Henro I do agree with what you are saying and want to add a few clarifying points.

1. Viral load in vaccinated individuals with Delta variant has been well studied and it isn’t a claim. It is over 4 fold higher in unvaccinated. It is medically proven.

2. 99% of deaths are from unvaccinated - it is much higher than that. I think vaccinated is like .0006% chance of death according to data I looked at a few days ago. It is very low.

3. Cancer patients can still get vaccinated. YOu just have to time the shots between rounds of chemo when blood counts recover. Immunocompromised it depends.

4. Almost every unvaccinated patient I speak with in the hospital with COVID would gladly get the vaccine…sorry but its too late.

5. At this point I am not sure there is a city in the US that doesn’t have vaccine available. You would not have to drive far. No excuses.

6. Even though I understand you might not, I have a real issue with people that “choose“ not to get vaccinated. They are putting themselves, their family, their friends, their communities at risk. They are also often utilizing healthcare resources that are being taken away from people that can’t help they are sick (heart failure, cancer patients, etc) because these patients can’t get beds. Some of them have to be transported or wait in the ER Ops (which isn’t really safe). It really is irresponsible.

Get the shot.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Im pretty sick of my freedoms eroding away driven by emotional people in fear of everything.
I totally agree with this. Remove emotion and get the shot…..so we can all go back to being free from these public health “officials” that have issues with math and science.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Since main stream media only tells us what they want us to know these days, how is it we hear about a Delta variant of covid 19, however there is no test to determine any Delta Variant? So how do they know it's a Delta Variant?
Your mistake for paying attention the mainstream media at all. Educate yourself and find out credible sources of information. There is tons of medical literature on the Delta variant. I’m a medical professional and I read new medical literature weekly on it. The mainstream media cannot be trusted for anything these days. All about their clickbait and ratings.

Reactions: 1 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Remove emotion and get the shot…..so we can all go back to being free from these public health “officials” that have issues with math and science.
You admit that the officials have issues with math and science, and yet, you expect people to do what they say in spite of the medical risk. That doesn’t make any sense if you think about it.

Reactions: 1 user

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
You admit that the officials have issues with math and science, and yet, you expect people to do what they say in spite of the medical risk. That doesn’t make any sense if you think about it.
Medical risk? What medical risk? Send me your peer reviewed medical literature reference please.

No do what medical professionals say. I don’t think you will find a MD out there that would tell a healthy person not to get the shot. Talk to your doctor! Stop listening to politicians and public officials.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
No do what medical professionals say. I don’t think you will find a MD out there that would tell a healthy person not to get the shot. Talk to your doctor! Stop listening to politicians and public officials.
So, you seem to be agreeing with many of us that it should be a personal decision, and yet you give medical advice on a tractor forum that everyone should get vaccinated without knowing anyone’s medical history.

You need a different source of information if you don’t know of any medical professionals that would tell a healthy person not to get the shot. There are plenty of MDs out there that have said that people who have had Covid with active antibodies increase risk to themselves by getting vaccinated when there isn’t a medical benefit.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
So, you seem to be agreeing with many of us that it should be a personal decision, and yet you give medical advice on a tractor forum that everyone should get vaccinated without knowing anyone’s medical history.
Has your doctor told you that you should not get the vaccine?

In my previous post I did say “healthy” person…that is what I was eluding to. Of course I am not giving anyone medical advice on a forum as a medical professional. There is a very narrow percentage of peopLe that should not get vaccinated based on current medical science.

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
What a great thread. With the exception of the OP, people are having an adult conversation without being overly emotional.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.