Let it snow!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Oh,man its cold here. -39 with wind chill tonight. Tomorrow will suck. Guess im staying in shop all day. Guess i could grab some steel and start on box scraper. Welding will generate some heat....and looking at fields with almost no snow, but a lot of ice...

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Don't be greedy Wolfman, you have to let the rest of us have some. Yes Skeets, it's been a different kind of winter if that's what you'd call it, lakes completely open here now, crazy for this time of year but I'm good with that.
It's been the same around here too, thin ice if that. Although there is always some idiot trying to drive something heavy on the ice that is so thin it's too dangerous to walk on :rolleyes:. Then they end up in the drink :p. I've heard of a lot of snowmobiles going through the ice all over New England and NY, many of them didn't make it....

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I've heard of a lot of snowmobiles going through the ice all over New England and NY, many of them didn't make it....
I swear snowmobilers and lemmings share significant segments of DNA. A higher than normal cull this year, the cops are appealing on the radio for people to stay off the ice, yet the parade of snowmobiles continues...

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Here in beautiful North Idaho my kids think I'm having an affair with Elsa (Yes Elsa from Frozen) I may or may not have fostered that notion :p

I'm not gonna lie. I love winter and the snow even though I don't ski/snowboard. I don't snowmobile. I just love the blanket of snow that hides everything. I even kinda like driving in it. I love using my BX24 to clear my place as well as the neighborhood of snow :D

One of the best parts of having the amount of snow is that I am hoping that the summer wildfire season will be less problematic.

I am not saying that I'm done with the snow........I'm just having a hard time finding a place to put it all.

JustJeff

Equipment
Kubota BX 2350
Here in beautiful North Idaho my kids think I'm having an affair with Elsa (Yes Elsa from Frozen) I may or may not have fostered that notion :p

I'm not gonna lie. I love winter and the snow even though I don't ski/snowboard. I don't snowmobile. I just love the blanket of snow that hides everything. I even kinda like driving in it. I love using my BX24 to clear my place as well as the neighborhood of snow :D

One of the best parts of having the amount of snow is that I am hoping that the summer wildfire season will be less problematic.

I am not saying that I'm done with the snow........I'm just having a hard time finding a place to put it all.
I agree with you completely. Granted, I have a snow removal business, so it's in my best interest if it snows, but I love Winter regardless.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Its not that I like snow that much any more, it's just that I just hate cutting grass that much more !

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
My berms are maxed out! I am as high as the bucket will lift and then some. I spent a couple hours yesterday hauling bucket by bucket down to the county ditch. Each time I have to travel further down the road....but today we are having a melt. Will be one of those Junes where I still have berms.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Well I don't have to cut the grass much here, maybe 6 times a year. However, it seems like cutting grass takes forever when you are pushing the mower with one hand and swatting black flies with the other.:mad: No black flies while blowing snow.:D Now if I could suck up black flies and blow them into the next county with the snowblower, that would be something.:rolleyes:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Snowfall hasnt been too heavy this year. Would rather cut grass. But once a week gets old pretty quick. 5 gallons of fuel every week. More if i trim too.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
My berms are maxed out! I am as high as the bucket will lift and then some. I spent a couple hours yesterday hauling bucket by bucket down to the county ditch. Each time I have to travel further down the road....but today we are having a melt. Will be one of those Junes where I still have berms.
The same here as well.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well, it's currently raining, sleating and snowing at the same time :rolleyes:

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Looks like Mother Nature has a little mid-March gift in store for us. Forecast is for a foot-plus Tuesday into Wednesday.

With temps forecast in the 30-33 range, it also looks like it's going to be a typical March storm: heavy, wet crap that's a PITA to blow.

Good news is, it's been single digits for two days now so the ground is frozen HARD and I won't have to worry about blowing mud.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Looks like Mother Nature has a little mid-March gift in store for us. Forecast is for a foot-plus Tuesday into Wednesday.

With temps forecast in the 30-33 range, it also looks like it's going to be a typical March storm: heavy, wet crap that's a PITA to blow.

Good news is, it's been single digits for two days now so the ground is frozen HARD and I won't have to worry about blowing mud.
Yeah - forecast is 8-12 or so here. May be cold enough here so it isn't so wet.

But, my stone driveway is almost bare. Frozen hard though. Could be a challenge for my modified blower shoes.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Now they are saying it just might peter out with a lot less snow,,,, I guess we will find out,,I left the plow on the tractor just in case

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Now they are saying it just might peter out with a lot less snow,,,, I guess we will find out,,I left the plow on the tractor just in case
Skeets, a meteorologist is the only job where you can be wrong all the time and still have a job. With that said I don't believe it until I see it. Maybe PA will be spared but looks like New England is going to get slapped right upside the face with it. I better stock up on beer! :eek:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well it seems it missed us here in the coal country,, cool but no snow.. Guess you guys in the north east are going to get hammered,,,,,again

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Well it seems it missed us here in the coal country,, cool but no snow.. Guess you guys in the north east are going to get hammered,,,,,again
Hope we're as lucky skeets, looks like snow then heavy rain.

Mtmoriahfarm

Equipment
M8540,BX24,Takeuchi tb235
Feb 16, 2017
Rhode Island
I was hoping for a good snow storm to try out my new to me M8540. We ended up with six inches of snow before it changed over to heavy rain. What a soupy mess. My M8540 doesn't have a cab so I decided to use my excavator to push off the mush before it froze tonight. It was like pushing a river down the driveway!