Let it snow!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hey we could have the Kubota anonymous meeting here right now.
We'll just call it the winter jamboree.
Informative igloo constructing classes held daily. :D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
To my suprise, my truck didnt start this morning. Go figure. Two batteries and it always starts. I never plug in block heater. Had to charge battery and plug the old beast in.
3 hours and away it went. Good thing i work at home. Business as usual.
Turns out my extra battery was weak and draws the main down. No isolator, just a big circuit breaker.
Couple more days of this cold and we get a break. Will be much warmer.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
7... dare to dream... It 9 and counting! :D
Well between D2 and his collection of Orange tractors and NIW and his collection of canines of various sorts, our Kubb anonymous interventions may have to expand to other things :D

We won't discuss other critters or toolmania ....:p

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Figured I would add some fuel to the fire :D Now I saw discussions of pitch forks and rope :eek: Guess after this pic, diesel fuel will probably be added to the mix :eek::p:D

Actually I wished we got more of the white stuff. I like getting a free day off from work on occasion :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Well between D2 and his collection of Orange tractors and NIW and his collection of canines of various sorts, our Kubb anonymous interventions may have to expand to other things :D

We won't discuss other critters or toolmania ....:p
I bet i know who part of that last remark was directed towards...
Snap on air hammer $432.00 the ability to move things with air-priceless!! But i really need it.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
WOW we got about 3 inches over night,, its so bad I had to use a broom to clean the side walk to get to the garage so i could feed the birds,,, Krist just standing there looking toward the road you would think we had a foot watching people drive,, Oh well up ward and on ward:D

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
Finally starting to snow around here. We got 17 inches yesterday. We have a storm tonight and another big one coming sunday night to Monday morning. Now my new tractor is paying for itself.
It was so windy yesterday I had to use the bucket. With the blower it just came back at the tractor or turned to puff and settled back in the driveway.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Now my new tractor is paying for itself.
Congratulations? Condolences? Kind of a mixed blessing, isn't it? :confused:

It was so windy yesterday I had to use the bucket. With the blower it just came back at the tractor or turned to puff and settled back in the driveway.
In those situations, sometimes the deflector can be of help. The snow doesn't go as far as without, but a touch of deflector can concentrate the discharge and make it less influenced by wind.

And, of course, there is the immortal advice of Jim Croce to consider: Don't spit into the wind. ;-)

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
1 to 3 today and 20 to 26 inches Sunday thru Monday, so Cape Breton you ought to get some of ours this time. My L 260 hasn't moved for awhile about 2 feet of hard snow and ice in the woods still. Were headed into the Hunting camp to shovel the roof off today before we get the big one.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
We were on the edge of both the last nor'easter, and then the lake effect day after. Not big like others - maybe 8 or 10 total.

Sounds like its going to repeat couple more times over the next week.....

On the brighter side - just got a bottle of Power Service (Silver bottle) for summer diesel additive!:)